The Socialist Republic of Asma Al-Assad is a colossal, safe nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 5.856 billion Asma Al-Assadians are ruled with an iron fist by the socialist government, which grants its people the freedom to do whatever they like so long as it doesn't involve getting richer than anybody else or challenging the government.
The enormous, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Social Policy, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Damascus. The average income tax rate is 85.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but sluggish Asma Al-Assadian economy, worth 137 trillion Pounds a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 23,559 Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, and torture is illegal. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Asma Al-Assad's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Asma Al-Assad was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- : Asma Al-Assad was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- : Asma Al-Assad was refounded in Osiris.
- : Asma Al-Assad ceased to exist.
- : Asma Al-Assad fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Asma Al-Assad was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Asma Al-Assad fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Asma Al-Assad was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Asma Al-Assad fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Asma Al-Assad was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.