The Holy Armed Republic of Aslanistan is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by God with an even hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 18.967 billion Aslanistanians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded government prioritizes Law & Order, with Healthcare, Education, and Public Transport also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Monkeyshines. The average income tax rate is 93.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Aslanistanian economy, worth a remarkable 3,317 trillion wangs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 174,909 wangs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A government program is underway to revitalize Aslanistan's beaches, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, photographers have to apply for a license to photograph God, and UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aslanistan's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Shenanigans.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 days ago
- 6 days ago: Aslanistan fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 7 days ago: Aslanistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 7 days ago: Aslanistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 13 days ago: Aslanistan fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 18 days ago: Aslanistan's influence in Canada fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Aslanistan, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news.
- 19 days ago: Aslanistan relocated from Lazarus to Canada.
- 19 days ago: Aslanistan was refounded in Lazarus.
- 22 days ago: Aslanistan ceased to exist.
- 24 days ago: Aslanistan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nudest.