The Militarized Republic of Asimostan is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by President West with an iron fist, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, ubiquitous missile silos, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 8.606 billion Asimiteses are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The minute, corrupt, well-organized government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Elysium. The average income tax rate is 3.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Asimostanian economy, worth 899 trillion Dollars a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 104,527 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, the police insist that racism does not exist, and major corporations receive tax breaks for no apparent reason. Crime is relatively low. Asimostan's national animal is the Mau5, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Non Existent.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Asimostan's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Asimostan's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Asimostan's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Asimostan's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Asimostan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Asimostan was refounded in Osiris.
- : Asimostan ceased to exist.
- : Asimostan's influence in Alliance Of Armed Nations rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Asimostan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Asimostan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.