The Queen's State of Ashley Charles is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons, absence of drug laws, and devotion to social welfare. The democratic population of 17.266 billion Ashley Charlesians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Welfare, although Industry, Education, and Healthcare are also considered important. The average income tax rate is 42.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Ashley Charlesian economy, worth 743 trillion betales a year, is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 43,047 betales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked, military funding has been stripped back, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, and the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts. Crime is well under control. Ashley Charles's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ashley Charles was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Primitive.
- : Ashley Charles's influence in Istohaa Sarilanleur rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Ashley Charles's influence in Istohaa Sarilanleur rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Ashley Charles's influence in Istohaa Sarilanleur rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Ashley Charles's influence in Istohaa Sarilanleur rose from "Vassal" to "Handshaker".
- : Ashley Charles's influence in Istohaa Sarilanleur rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- : Ashley Charles relocated from Osiris to Istohaa Sarilanleur.
- : Ashley Charles was refounded in Osiris.
- : Ashley Charles ceased to exist.
- : Ashley Charles was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.