|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Queen's State of Ashley Charles is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, intelligent population of 14.943 billion Ashley Charlesians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal government devotes most of its attentions to Social Welfare, with areas such as Law & Order and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 28%, but much higher for the wealthy. A healthy private sector is led by the Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving industries.
Citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked, military funding has been stripped back, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, and the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts. Crime is moderate, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Ashley Charles's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Ashley Charles fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 5 days ago: Ashley Charles changed its national currency to "betale" and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 9 days ago: Ashley Charles was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 1%).
- 23 days ago: Ashley Charles was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- 26 days ago: Ashley Charles fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Pacifist.
- 28 days ago: Ashley Charles fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 33 days ago: Ashley Charles changed its national animal to "deer".
- 39 days ago: Ashley Charles was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 49 days ago: Ashley Charles was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.
- 54 days ago: Ashley Charles was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.