The Royal Lands of Asherak is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Aran Asher the Just with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, smutty television, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 3.823 billion Asherakss are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wintermare. The average income tax rate is 15.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Asherakian economy, worth 649 trillion Aezures a year, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 170,006 Aezures, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
It is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses', re-education centers are being added to most prisons, and torture is illegal. Crime is relatively low. Asherak's national animal is the Winterwolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Asherak was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Asherak was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Asherak was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: #1).
- : Asherak fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Asherak fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Asherak was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- : Asherak fell out of the world Top 10% for Nudest.
- : Asherak was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest.
- : Asherak fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Asherak was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).