The Infinite Empire of Ascenon is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Albion with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, parental licensing program, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 10.354 billion Ascenonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pandosut. The average income tax rate is 82.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ascenonian economy, worth a remarkable 2,409 trillion Imperial Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 232,712 Imperial Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election, the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy', and major cities are suffering under water rationing. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ascenon's national animal is the Raptor-Demon-Pig-Thing, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Infinite God Dragon.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ascenon, major cities are suffering under water rationing.
- : Following new legislation in Ascenon, the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy'.
- : Following new legislation in Ascenon, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election.
- : Following new legislation in Ascenon, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country.
- : Ascenon was endorsed by The Itsy Bitsy Spider of Kialga-Lourti.
- : Following new legislation in Ascenon, students and teachers are regularly stopped and searched for symbols of religious affiliation before class.
- : Following new legislation in Ascenon, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet.
- : Following new legislation in Ascenon, voters must frequently select what they view as the lesser of two evils on the ballot.
- : Following new legislation in Ascenon, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
- : Ascenon published "Standard Military Doctrine of all branches (WIP)" (Factbook: Military).
Endorsements Received: 125 » Whereisthatistan, Grosseschnauzer, Yaorozu, Herzliyya, Former English Colony, Novare Res, Selfgradatude, Pasargad, God n Country n Byron, New haven america, Democatic Donkeys, Ermarian, Calamazo, Renetopia, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Thatchertropolis, The Teddy, Sheldanada, Arcadiom, Kitabo, NabMex, Ice and Flame, Great Bights Mum, Malvad, Falapatorius, General COE, The Lancerian Empire, New Sekai, SillyString, Territorio di Nessuno, United Chinese Republics, Asian Union Pact, Sadakoyama, Chinstralia, Valory, Kingdom of Space, Republic of Destiny, Pakistan 001, Ceto, Liberitad, Els Sentra, Eumenor, Daedric Stellar Empire, Chadwin, Venezuelia, Avalon, Augustla, Plembobria, New Eleria, and 75 others.Unimaginable Doom, Ruzonia, Arquan, Frances Francis the First of France, South Isles, Xentherida, True Sebland, The Anthonian Republic, The Victorian League, Belgan, Yukti, Assorted sucrose-based lifeforms, Fjora, Ceretis, Wineclaw, Breytz, Golfia, Demescia, Arrivederci, The Flapping Spaghetti Monster, Lord Ravenclaw, Pixiedance, Oilgarchy, Vladivo, Syrixia, Kalatun, Sankami, Asians United, Great Griffin, AdyLand, Hiskjriaana, Razzym, Tercerwereld, Zazumo, Ixaia, The Rossinite Empire, Tortoisica, Klausenbourg, Necromonia, Askhalan, Milarandia, New Trisone, The Army Republic of Prussia, Belhomme, Sandberg, Anarchy Sites, Troublestan, The Hinterland, Norvalkin, Rochester Black, Caspiatea, Le Nouveau Canada, Wisconsota, Erosias, Dodonest, Ultima Terra, Cinnibar, Debalstevo, Trombone Kingdom, Dolphis, Triplecone Empire, Amystral, Yadron, Mosfell, Pauline Bonaparte, Curmudgeon Unity, Philippedafos, Apetopia, Gim, Zemnaya Svoboda, Zyvetskistaahn, Ceroville, The Lost Raccoons, Notyoutopia, and Kialga-Lourti.