“For the Infinite, For the Empire!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Infinite Empire of Ascenon is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Horus with an even hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed population of 8.089 billion Ascenonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pandosut. The average income tax rate is 96%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Tourism and Information Technology.
The government is avowedly atheist, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, and fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ascenon's national animal is the Raptor-Demon-Pig-Thing, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Infinite God Dragon, and its currency is the Denarius.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 6 hours ago: Ascenon was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Defense Forces (last census: Top 5%).
- 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- 9 hours ago: Ascenon voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Debris Prevention".
- 9 hours ago: Ascenon voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Liberal Haven"".
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, the government is avowedly atheist.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, tombstones are ten feet high to accommodate the names of inhabitants.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, nuclear warheads are frequently launched into space as a warning to invading meteoroids.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Whereisthatistan, Groovistan, Grosseschnauzer, Yaorozu, Herzliyya, Former English Colony, Novare Res, Andromeda Islands, Selfgradatude, Blackshear41, Pasargad, God n Country n Byron, New haven america, Democatic Donkeys, Esponnise, Zion-Talmasca, McMasterdonia, Ermarian, Macworld, Fourth, Calamazo, Mandexia, Renetopia, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Thatchertropolis, Rukonia, Ator People, El Melbos, Kiwitaicho, The Teddy, Olvern, Alunya, Framhaven, Sheldanada, Arcadiom, Eumbner, Kitabo, New Absurdistan, Bristol C, NabMex, Abacathea, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Kevaren, Ice and Flame, Lionia, Varovanjov, Paulee, Great Bights Mum, Malvad, and 3 others.Falapatorius, Indonesa, and Five Bridges.