“For the Infinite, For the Emperor”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Infinite Empire of Ascenon is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Horus with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 7.761 billion Ascenonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pandosut. The average income tax rate is 96%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Tourism and Information Technology.
Cheese has become the new icon of political dissent, citizens select which government department gets their income tax Denariuses each year, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, and a National Academy regulates grammar and usage. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ascenon's national animal is the Raptor-Demon-Pig-Thing, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Infinite God Dragon, and its currency is the Denarius.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 hours ago
- 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage.
- 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.
- 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, citizens select which government department gets their income tax Denariuses each year.
- 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent.
- 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up.
- 9 days ago: Ascenon voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Capitalist Paradise".
- 11 days ago: Ascenon was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces (last census: Top 1%).
Endorsements Received: 56 » Whereisthatistan, Groovistan, Grosseschnauzer, Yaorozu, Great Bights Mum, Herzliyya, Former English Colony, Novare Res, Andromeda Islands, Selfgradatude, Blackshear41, Pasargad, God n Country n Byron, New haven america, Democatic Donkeys, Esponnise, Zion-Talmasca, Abs123, McMasterdonia, Ermarian, Macworld, Fourth, Republic Arcadia, Calamazo, Everywheristan, Mandexia, Renetopia, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Thatchertropolis, Rukonia, Ator People, El Melbos, Kiwitaicho, The Teddy, Olvern, Alunya, Framhaven, Sheldanada, 007James Bond, Arcadiom, Eumbner, Giancarlo, Kitabo, New Absurdistan, Bristol C, Temberin, NabMex, Abacathea, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, and 6 others.Kevaren, Ice and Flame, Ursusuana, Lionia, Varovanjov, and Paulee.