“For the Infinite, For the Empire!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Infinite Empire of Ascenon is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Horus with an even hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 8.647 billion Ascenonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pandosut. The average income tax rate is 97%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Tourism and Information Technology.
Young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded, nine out of ten citizens of Ascenon answered 'nuclear safety inspector' when asked their occupation, and it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ascenon's national animal is the Raptor-Demon-Pig-Thing, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Infinite God Dragon, and its currency is the Denarius.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 2 hours ago
- 9 hours ago: Ascenon was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Chisholm.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Ascenon was endorsed by The Allied States of Merdir.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Ascenon was endorsed by The Allied States of The British-Soviet Colonies.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Ascenon was endorsed by The Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Ascenon was endorsed by The Colony of Radlef.
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools.
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, nine out of ten citizens of Ascenon answered 'nuclear safety inspector' when asked their occupation.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- 4 days ago: Ascenon was endorsed by The Ancient Prophecy of Republic of Destiny.
- 4 days ago: Ascenon endorsed The Dictatorship of Celtiland.
Endorsements Received: 80 » Whereisthatistan, Groovistan, Grosseschnauzer, Yaorozu, Herzliyya, Former English Colony, Novare Res, Selfgradatude, Pasargad, God n Country n Byron, New haven america, Democatic Donkeys, Zion-Talmasca, McMasterdonia, Ermarian, Macworld, Calamazo, Mandexia, Renetopia, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Thatchertropolis, Ator People, El Melbos, Kiwitaicho, The Teddy, Olvern, Alunya, Framhaven, Sheldanada, Arcadiom, Eumbner, Kitabo, New Absurdistan, NabMex, Abacathea, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Ice and Flame, Lionia, Great Bights Mum, Malvad, Falapatorius, Indonesa, Five Bridges, Rukonia, Svoboda Soyuz Iz Bolsheviki, Dalies, General COE, The Lancerian Empire, Malakeem, and 30 others.New Sekai, SillyString, Gryffindor Country, Territorio di Nessuno, TFG015, United Chinese Republics, Cronaal, Asian Union Pact, Sadakoyama, Kialga-Lourti, Chinstralia, Vuzalex, Kingdom of Plembobria, Valory, Supreme Libertas, Scandigrad, Flutiestan, Han fei Zi, Imladrea, Kingdom of Space, Peoples Empire of New Independent States, Gilmour, Alta Italia, The A9, Neu-Klagenfurt, Celtiland, Republic of Destiny, Radlef, Merdir, and Chisholm.