The Imperial Commonwealth of Ascenon is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Alphonse with an even hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, sprawling nuclear power plants, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 12.681 billion Ascenonians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pandosut. The average income tax rate is 78.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ascenonian economy, worth a remarkable 3,410 trillion Imperial Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 268,908 Imperial Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Conversion therapy coupons are a popular present for coming of age ceremonies, builders across Ascenon are blocked up with orders for new public loos, fashion magazine covers finally display realistic body images following photo-manipulation becoming illegal, and polling place volunteers are suddenly opening a huge number of offshore bank accounts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ascenon's national animal is the Mutant Prism Dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Infinite God Dragon.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ascenon, polling place volunteers are suddenly opening a huge number of offshore bank accounts.
- : Following new legislation in Ascenon, fashion magazine covers finally display realistic body images following photo-manipulation becoming illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Ascenon, builders across Ascenon are blocked up with orders for new public loos.
- : Following new legislation in Ascenon, conversion therapy coupons are a popular present for coming of age ceremonies.
- : Following new legislation in Ascenon, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in Ascenon, colonials are offended to find a local animal has been re-named the 'Furry Four-Legged Marsupial Mutant Prism Dragon'.
- : Following new legislation in Ascenon, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking.
- : Following new legislation in Ascenon, curtailed social programs have left many citizens bereft of any safety net.
- : Following new legislation in Ascenon, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers.
- : Following new legislation in Ascenon, murderers frequently escape punishment by claiming they were protecting their honour.
Endorsements Received: 184 » Whereisthatistan, Yaorozu, Herzliyya, Former English Colony, Novare Res, Selfgradatude, New haven america, Ermarian, Calamazo, Renetopia, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, The Teddy, Arcadiom, Kitabo, NabMex, Great Bights Mum, Malvad, The Lancerian Empire, New Sekai, United Chinese Republics, Sadakoyama, Chinstralia, Kingdom of Space, Republic of Destiny, Daedric Stellar Empire, Chadwin, Venezuelia, Plembobria, Unimaginable Doom, Arquan, South Isles, Yukti, Assorted sucrose-based lifeforms, Wineclaw, Demescia, Arrivederci, Lord Ravenclaw, Vladivo, Syrixia, AdyLand, Tercerwereld, The Rossinite Empire, Necromonia, New Trisone, The Army Republic of Prussia, Anarchy Sites, Rochester Black, Caspiatea, Ultima Terra, and 134 others.Philippedafos, Apetopia, Notyoutopia, Hudson Valley, Merconitonitopia, Xentherida, Kylesburgh, Yeraennus, Uhura-Ubuntu, Ceretis, Commonwealth of Transcaspia, Zongzi, Ophlantly, The Swedish Republic of New Kenya, Lagondia, Lionia, Guslantis, Tokaryk, Mazeoftime, Neen, Citiva, EretzIsrael, Sunto, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Stenc, SillyString, Teknikerland, Frances Francis the First of France, Pauline Bonaparte, Snowlit, Klettureyja, McMasterdonia, The Isle of Grossmania, Francovania, The Undead Union, Sirisea, Nyvenia, Puffinzbekistan, Flooforia, Abacathea, Quest For The Best Girl, Liberreich, Ponies and Princesses, Empire of Infinite Evil, Jacksville Islands, Imperial Arkania, Vexuar, Kelvaros Prime, OblivionObliviousness, Bharathvarsh, Blackshear41, Nationalist Fools, Celreostia, Greater Catan, New Phyrreus, Nightempire, Constantinolia, Charno, Pasargad, Cheongji, Libera Publica, Highton Islands, Hannepandia, Eryri Newydd, Nova Constellation, Khalasar Atthirari, Religioncord, Meritdom, Eyes that do not Lie, Reedland Marsh, Hermaes, Fip, Trygg, Territorio di Nessuno, Reaganea, Narandor, Republic of Dixie, The Disney Union, Wolfgonia, Farnstopia, Zyvetskistaahn, Soverenia, Zifre, Inat, Padraigiana, Olbvn, Sankami, Elspeth and Samina, OPArsenal, Vegetarian States, Bourbon-Conde, Shadowrik, GeorgeTheMiner, Sil Dorsett, Avelor, Islands of unity, Descentia Angellia, Wisconsota, Potistan, Gorinchem and Hoog-Hoornaar, Wilkshire, Sheppey, Bayern-Straubing, Vantaria, Avalon, American MapleStory, Yatzatz, Pygmy purple people eaters, Morrn, Walterwood, Holy Oranz, Flashy Light, OnionTenshi, New Lakemba, Stolichnya, Rumata, Deutsch Staaten, Lord Emmanuel, New Brettonton, Loralei Emeria, Honey if You Please, Techislovakia, Kalandra, Phico Saga, Szalowa, Yellan, Allison In Chains, Capinistria, Sheldo, United Trump State, Entuera, Sphotch, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, and SouthParkers.