“For the Infinite, For the Empire!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Infinite Empire of Ascenon is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Horus with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 8.17 billion Ascenonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pandosut. The average income tax rate is 96%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Tourism and Information Technology.
Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, the nation leads The North Pacific in per capita stalking, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government, and guns are banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ascenon's national animal is the Raptor-Demon-Pig-Thing, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Infinite God Dragon, and its currency is the Denarius.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 13 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Ascenon fell out of the world Top 10% for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 11 hours ago: Ascenon fell out of the regional Top 5% for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, guns are banned.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, the nation leads The North Pacific in per capita stalking.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, the government seizes all major gold finds.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Ascenon, drug distribution is tightly controlled by the government.
Endorsements Received: 52 » Whereisthatistan, Groovistan, Grosseschnauzer, Yaorozu, Herzliyya, Former English Colony, Novare Res, Andromeda Islands, Selfgradatude, Blackshear41, Pasargad, God n Country n Byron, New haven america, Democatic Donkeys, Esponnise, Zion-Talmasca, McMasterdonia, Ermarian, Macworld, Fourth, Calamazo, Mandexia, Renetopia, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Thatchertropolis, Ator People, El Melbos, Kiwitaicho, The Teddy, Olvern, Alunya, Framhaven, Sheldanada, Arcadiom, Eumbner, Kitabo, New Absurdistan, Bristol C, NabMex, Abacathea, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Kevaren, Ice and Flame, Lionia, Varovanjov, Paulee, Great Bights Mum, Malvad, Falapatorius, and 2 others.Indonesa, and Five Bridges.