“Freedom and Liberty under God and King”
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Grand Republic of Ascelonia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Charles Stephan I with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 9.233 billion enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, liberal, pro-business individuals juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cyrone. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Gambling industries.
Door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes', the government is giving peace a chance, inter-species marriages are ignored by the government, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is pervasive, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Ascelonia's national animal is the Azkelonischen Seel÷we, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Ascelonian Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 2 days ago: Ascelonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Ascelonia lodged a message on the Tyrrhenia Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Ascelonia lodged a message on the Tyrrhenia Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: Ascelonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 8 days ago: Ascelonia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 36 days ago: Ascelonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pro-Market.
- 48 days ago: Ascelonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Avoided (last census: Top 1%).
- 58 days ago: Ascelonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 62 days ago: Ascelonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- 73 days ago: Ascelonia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
Endorsements Received: None.