“Freedom and Liberty under God and King”
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Grand Republic of Ascelonia is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Emperor Charles Stephan I with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.916 billion enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, liberal, pro-business individuals juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cyrone. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Gambling industries.
Door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes', the government is giving peace a chance, inter-species marriages are ignored by the government, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is pervasive, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Ascelonia's national animal is the Azkelonischen Seel÷we, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Ascelonian Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 13 hours ago: Ascelonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Ascelonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 5 days ago: Ascelonia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 6 days ago: Ascelonia was refounded in Lazarus.
- 14 days ago: Ascelonia ceased to exist.
- 22 days ago: Ascelonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 26 days ago: Ascelonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 39 days ago: Ascelonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 43 days ago: Ascelonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 46 days ago: Ascelonia lodged a message on the Tyrrhenia Regional Message Board.