“The avangarde of evolution.”
|Category: Libertarian Police State|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Socially Advanced Nation of Ascara is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Regent Alexander with an iron fist, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 10.923 billion Ascarans are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt individuals juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fortress One. The average income tax rate is 10%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Uranium Mining.
The government is cracking down on subversive groups, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, the government subsidizes everything from particle physics to fabric softeners, and Wolf is one of the most popular forenames in Ascara. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ascara's national animal is the wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Deonaturalism, and its currency is the Talon.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 14 hours ago
- 3 hours ago: Ascara was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Ascara was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Libertarian Police State".
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascara, Wolf is one of the most popular forenames in Ascara.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascara, the government subsidizes everything from particle physics to fabric softeners.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascara, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascara, the government is cracking down on subversive groups.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascara, the government is financing an extremely costly war against malaria.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Ascara voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Hobbesistan"".
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Ascara was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Ascara, all footpaths have tollbooths.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Eurosceptic Citizens, Jenesia, Alsted, Sybaritic Socialists, Short shorts, Marmiedon, Stromia, Tigyland, Chiolena, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Voxum Mortalum, Silberia, Dauershire, Fenian Provinces, Kroinengin, Valrem, Hamstery, Beauvoir, Kureimoa, Venetoland, Mameluco, Grasaland, Nuweland, Toongoosia, Kaiserusse, Echo von Cotta, The Seven Provinces, Nova Prutenia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Veeten Engines, Keris, Carswellia, Foucaults garden, Outer Prussia, An Clar, Jon4de85, Pileusia, Horreum, Fauzjhia, Daircoill, Confederate United America, IB kingdom, Novo Portugal, Axtro-Saxonia, and Zeebstein.