“The avangarde of evolution.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Socially Advanced Nation of Ascara is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Regent Alexander with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed population of 10.342 billion Ascarans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt individuals juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fortress One. The average income tax rate is 1%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Uranium Mining.
Meat-eating is frowned upon, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Fortress One Times is sold out, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ascara's national animal is the wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Deonaturalism, and its currency is the Talon.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 20 hours ago: Ascara fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascara, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascara, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Ascara voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascara, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Fortress One Times is sold out.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascara, meat-eating is frowned upon.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascara, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascara, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ascara, travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Ascara voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Capitalist Paradise".
Endorsements Received: 54 » Eurosceptic Citizens, Jenesia, Alsted, Malacovia, Sybaritic Socialists, Short shorts, Marmiedon, Stromia, Nou Occitania, Tigyland, Chiolena, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Voxum Mortalum, Silberia, Dauershire, Fenian Provinces, Kroinengin, Valrem, Hamstery, Beauvoir, Kureimoa, Venetoland, Mameluco, Grasaland, Nuweland, Toongoosia, Ivernia, Kaiserusse, Echo von Cotta, The Seven Provinces, Nova Prutenia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Veeten Engines, Keris, Carswellia, Greater Konigsberg, Foucaults garden, Outer Prussia, Each-Uisge, Novo Portugal, Vanbrugh, Monance, Hamland, An Clar, Welsh Valley, Jon4de85, Athos and Byzantium, Ecclestia, Heusdendaal, and 4 others.Mount Liban, Zavalka, Pileusia, and Horreum.