“The avangarde of evolution.”
|Category: Libertarian Police State|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Socially Advanced Nation of Ascara is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Regent Alexander with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 11.47 billion Ascarans are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
The minute, corrupt, well-organized government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fortress One. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Ascaran economy, worth a remarkable 2,842 trillion Talons a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 247,839 Talons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
The internet has been placed under government control, citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters, and anti-government web sites are springing up. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ascara's national animal is the wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Deonaturalism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 32 days ago
- 12 days ago: Ascara was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- 32 days ago: Following new legislation in Ascara, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- 32 days ago: Following new legislation in Ascara, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters.
- 32 days ago: Following new legislation in Ascara, citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked.
- 32 days ago: Following new legislation in Ascara, the internet has been placed under government control.
- 32 days ago: Ascara relocated from Osiris to Europe.
- 32 days ago: Ascara applied to join the World Assembly.
- 32 days ago: Ascara was refounded in Osiris.
- 40 days ago: Ascara ceased to exist.
- 42 days ago: Ascara fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Public Transport Department.