The Aryan Kingdom of Artaphernes is a gargantuan, orderly nation, renowned for its compulsory military service and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 12.995 billion Artaphernians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, well-organized government prioritizes Environment, although Defense, Education, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Industry and Public Transport are ignored. The average income tax rate is 12.8%.
The strong Artaphernesian economy, worth 491 trillion spardas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 37,843 spardas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is a problem. Artaphernes's national animal is the farnah, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Artaphernes's influence in Greece rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Artaphernes was endorsed by The Persian Empire of Sassanid Iran.
- : Artaphernes was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Artaphernes endorsed The Persian Empire of Sassanid Iran.
- : Artaphernes endorsed The Fiefdom of Xacitarxan.
- : Artaphernes endorsed The Disputed Territories of Roman-Persian Wars.
- : Artaphernes suppressed a post on the Greece Regional Message Board.
- : Artaphernes voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Travelling Region".
- : Artaphernes was endorsed by The Disputed Territories of Roman-Persian Wars.
- : The Native Delegate of Greece of Sassanian Empire renamed the office held by Artaphernes from "Communications Officer" to "Chapar of Yunan" in Greece.