“Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Democratic Republic of Arkanglia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Preston Mikhaelus with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 8.82 billion Arkanglians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, with Defense and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Administration receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port Aquarion. The average income tax rate is 10.2%.
The powerhouse Arkanglian economy, worth 856 trillion Ark Credits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 97,140 Ark Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
It is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, voting is voluntary, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable, and truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arkanglia's national animal is the Angelic Condor, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 20 hours ago: Arkanglia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 20 hours ago: Arkanglia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 10 days ago: Arkanglia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 42 days ago: Following new legislation in Arkanglia, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news.
- 43 days ago: Arkanglia relocated from Balder to 10000 Islands.
- 43 days ago: Arkanglia was refounded in Balder.
- 46 days ago: Arkanglia ceased to exist.
- 49 days ago: Arkanglia was endorsed by The Queendom of Fujisan.
- 53 days ago: Arkanglia was endorsed by The United Systems of Nojia.
- 63 days ago: Arkanglia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.