The Holy Kingdom of Arigentina is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by King Pontufex the Pious with an iron fist, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, fear of technology, and triple-decker prams. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 5.105 billion Arigentines are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sanctia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.3%.
The all-consuming Arigentine economy, worth 510 trillion crowns a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Gambling. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 100,024 crowns, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 428,037 per year while the poor average 14,984, a ratio of 28.6 to 1.
Tourists often cite 'hiding money in an off-shore banking account' as their main reason to visit the nation, women wearing male lounge-wear are quizzed for hours by mental health practitioners, movie references are legally admissible in court, and women who display their ankles are shunned by society. Crime is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. Arigentina's national animal is the koala, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arigentina's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Arigentina's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Arigentina's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Arigentina was refounded in Osiris.
- : Arigentina ceased to exist.
- : Arigentina was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Arigentina was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Arigentina was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry and the Top 5% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Arigentina's influence in My World rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Following new legislation in Arigentina, women who display their ankles are shunned by society.