|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Twin-Emirate of Ares-y-Penthesilea is a colossal, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, state-planned economy, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed population of 6.641 billion Academians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 56.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Academian economy, worth 221 trillion Hephaestuses a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Soda Sales, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 33,323 Hephaestuses, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Voting is compulsory, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, and military spending is on the increase. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ares-y-Penthesilea's national animal is the Minotaur.
Most Recent Government Activity: 40 days ago
- 19 days ago: Ares-y-Penthesilea was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 181 days ago: Ares-y-Penthesilea fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- 213 days ago: Ares-y-Penthesilea changed its national demonym to "Academian" and its demonym adjective to "Academian".
- 297 days ago: Ares-y-Penthesilea lodged a message on the Esportiva Regional Message Board.
- 305 days ago: Ares-y-Penthesilea's influence in Esportiva fell from "Vassal" to "Minnow".
- 306 days ago: Ares-y-Penthesilea's influence in Esportiva rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 318 days ago: Ares-y-Penthesilea's influence in Esportiva fell from "Vassal" to "Minnow".
- 1 year 104 days ago: Ares-y-Penthesilea's influence in Esportiva fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- 1 year 132 days ago: Ares-y-Penthesilea was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 1 year 207 days ago: Ares-y-Penthesilea fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Income Equality.