The Free Economic Zone of Arcologia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by no one with an even hand, and remarkable for its ritual sacrifices, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 9.393 billion Arcologians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eldfell Energy Arcology. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Arcologian economy, worth a remarkable 2,482 trillion Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 264,255 Credits, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,964,297 per year while the poor average 10,517, a ratio of 186 to 1.
Small businesses are gobbled up almost daily by corporate giants, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups, and the workforce is almost entirely made up of slave labour. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Arcologia's national animal is the Finch, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 hours ago
- 15 days ago: Arcologia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 15 days ago: Arcologia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 21 days ago: Arcologia's influence in The Cornellian Empire rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- 27 days ago: Arcologia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Stupidest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 35 days ago: Arcologia fell out of the world Top 1% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 35 days ago: Arcologia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 37 days ago: Arcologia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry (last census: Top 1%).
- 37 days ago: Arcologia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 38 days ago: Arcologia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Avoided (last census: Top 5%).
- 42 days ago: Arcologia's influence in The Cornellian Empire rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".