“What time we recording the motto? Wait, is that mike on”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Envoy
Location: The Cornellian Empire
The Free Economic Zone of Arcologia is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by no one with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.522 billion Arcologians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, pro-business individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Commerce, with areas such as Social Equality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eldfell Energy Arcology. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Book Publishing industries.
Small businesses are gobbled up almost daily by corporate giants, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups, and the workforce is almost entirely made up of slave labour. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Arcologia's national animal is the Finch, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 17 hours ago
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Arcologia's influence in The Cornellian Empire rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 9 days ago: Arcologia's influence in The Cornellian Empire fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- 18 days ago: Arcologia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 19 days ago: Arcologia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 53 days ago: Arcologia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Avoided (last census: Top 10%).
- 66 days ago: Arcologia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 71 days ago: Arcologia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 81 days ago: Arcologia altered its national flag.
- 81 days ago: Arcologia relocated from Balder to The Cornellian Empire.
- 81 days ago: Arcologia was refounded in Balder.