The Imperium of Arbites is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by the Holy Curia with an iron fist, and remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, avowedly heterosexual populace, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 10.687 billion Arbiters are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Magus Civitus. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Arbitesian economy, worth a remarkable 2,823 trillion Soliduses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an amazing 264,238 Soliduses, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,133,175 per year while the poor average 39,438, a ratio of 28.7 to 1.
The might of the nation's military are undertaking a long march to colonisation in Brasilistan, abortions are carried out secretly in shady backstreet clinics, Brasilistanis face layers of paperwork in a different language just to visit a doctor, and penal labor is a de facto death sentence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Arbites's national animal is the Wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Magism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arbites was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Primitive (last census: Top 5%).
- : Arbites was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 5%).
- : Arbites was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Arbites's influence in The Cornellian Empire fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Arbites's influence in The Cornellian Empire rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Arbites was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme (last census: Top 10%).
- : Arbites was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry (last census: Top 1%).
- : Following new legislation in Arbites, penal labor is a de facto death sentence.
- : Arbites fell out of the world Top 1% for Highest Police Ratios.
- : Arbites fell out of the regional Top 5% for Highest Police Ratios.