“En mis principios no entra causar males sino cortarlos.”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Rosarinian Flagship of ARA Lisandro de la Torre is a massive, devout nation, remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 3.225 billion ARA Lisandroes de la Torrean enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Equality, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 70%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, major cities are suffering under water rationing, a referendum must be held in order for any new law to be passed, and the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists. Crime is well under control. ARA Lisandro de la Torre's national animal is the White Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the South Cross.
Most Recent Government Activity: 31 days ago
- 18 days ago: ARA Lisandro de la Torre was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 31 days ago: ARA Lisandro de la Torre applied to join the World Assembly.
- 31 days ago: ARA Lisandro de la Torre lodged a message on the Argentina Regional Message Board.
- 31 days ago: ARA Lisandro de la Torre altered its national flag.
- 31 days ago: ARA Lisandro de la Torre relocated from Balder to Argentina.
- 31 days ago: ARA Lisandro de la Torre was refounded in Balder.
- 63 days ago: ARA Lisandro de la Torre ceased to exist.
- 67 days ago: ARA Lisandro de la Torre's influence in Base Naval Puerto Belgrano fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- 118 days ago: ARA Lisandro de la Torre's influence in Base Naval Puerto Belgrano rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 119 days ago: ARA Lisandro de la Torre's influence in Base Naval Puerto Belgrano rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".