“Knowledge Is Our Strength, Faith Is Our Weapon”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: United Empire of Islam
The Sultanate of Ar-Rayyan is a colossal, devout nation, ruled by Sultan Muhammad Al-Azhar with an iron fist, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, cynical population of 8.307 billion Ar-Rayyanians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Al-Midan. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Long arduous trials are held for the most trivial of offences, all-natural foods are becoming a major fad, the government seizes all major gold finds, and many parents are becoming frustrated with their children's choices in spouses. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ar-Rayyan's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Islam, and its currency is the Riyal.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 5 days ago: Ar-Rayyan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 8 days ago: Ar-Rayyan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 13 days ago: Ar-Rayyan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- 18 days ago: Ar-Rayyan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 21 days ago: Ar-Rayyan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 26 days ago: Ar-Rayyan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 29 days ago: Ar-Rayyan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 37 days ago: Ar-Rayyan's influence in United Empire of Islam rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 47 days ago: Ar-Rayyan was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Father Knows Best State".
- 47 days ago: Following new legislation in Ar-Rayyan, many parents are becoming frustrated with their children's choices in spouses.