“Ever Forwards Beyond the Horizon”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Ambassador
The United Federal Commonwealths of Aquestia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Eric Daniello with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, intelligent population of 5.129 billion Aquestians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Freedus. The average income tax rate is 57%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Gambling.
The military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds, the government is seen as openly hostile to all religion, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, and the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aquestia's national animal is the Killer Whale, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, its national religion is Piratese, and its currency is the Bull.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Aquestia was cleansed by a Tactical Zombie Elimination Squad from The United Socialist Republics of Krasnorus, killing 1 million zombies.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Aquestia's influence in Koholeth rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Aquestia's influence in Koholeth rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- 4 days ago: Aquestia lodged a message on the Koholeth Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: Aquestia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 5 days ago: Aquestia's influence in Koholeth fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".
- 8 days ago: Aquestia's influence in Koholeth fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".
- 11 days ago: Aquestia's influence in Koholeth fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- 13 days ago: Aquestia's influence in Koholeth fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- 15 days ago: Aquestia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.