The Protectorate of Aquadale is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, ban on automobiles, and punitive income tax rates. The quiet, industrious population of 6.265 billion Parhasques are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, moralistic, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Environment, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 80.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Aquadalean economy, worth 175 trillion Parhean Tongboes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 28,062 Parhean Tongboes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Murderers frequently escape punishment by claiming they were protecting their honour, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, organ donation is compulsory, and parents are held criminally responsible for their children's crimes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aquadale's national animal is the Parhean Rhinoceros, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aquadale was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Aquadale voted for The Idi Amin 4 General Secretary of Kaalmi in Round 2 of the election.
- : Aquadale voted for The Idi Amin 4 General Secretary of Kaalmi in Round 1 of the election.
- : Aquadale's influence in Penglai fell from "Page" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Aquadale's influence in Penglai fell from "Squire" to "Page".
- : Aquadale's influence in Penglai fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
- : Aquadale's influence in Penglai fell from "Envoy" to "Apprentice".
- : Aquadale's influence in Penglai rose from "Zero" to "Envoy".
- : Aquadale relocated from Osiris to Penglai.
- : Aquadale altered its national flag.