The Queendom of Antoletia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed population of 9.509 billion Antoletians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Albastru City. The average income tax rate is 79.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Antoletian economy, worth 453 trillion Tolins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Arms Manufacturing industry. Average income is 47,655 Tolins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is slowly introducing social welfare programs, the army is returning some law and order to the streets, the nation leads Rushmore in per capita stalking, and the government encourages conflict abroad to increase arms sales. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Antoletia's national animal is the Bengal Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 39 days ago: Antoletia's influence in Rushmore rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 66 days ago: Antoletia's influence in Rushmore rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 82 days ago: Antoletia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 93 days ago: Antoletia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 96 days ago: Antoletia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 109 days ago: Antoletia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 143 days ago: Antoletia's influence in Rushmore fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- 145 days ago: Antoletia's influence in Rushmore rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 173 days ago: Antoletia's influence in Rushmore fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- 174 days ago: Antoletia relocated from Osiris to Rushmore.