“Freedom is Oppresion”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The NationStates Community
The Dictatorship of Antifreedonia is a massive, genial nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 3.268 billion are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The minute, moralistic government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Healthcare receiving almost no funds by comparison. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9%. A small private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Genetic researchers have been expelled, political activists are routinely executed, abortions are carried out secretly in shady backstreet clinics, and the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry. Crime is a problem. Antifreedonia's national animal is the Dictator, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the sailfish.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 23 days ago: Antifreedonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Stupidest Citizens.
- 33 days ago: Antifreedonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Conservative.
- 50 days ago: Antifreedonia relocated from Minecraftia to The NationStates Community.
- 52 days ago: Antifreedonia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 61 days ago: Antifreedonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Conservative (last census: Top 10%).
- 79 days ago: Antifreedonia applied to join the World Assembly.
- 80 days ago: Antifreedonia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 86 days ago: Antifreedonia fell out of the world Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 103 days ago: Antifreedonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 103 days ago: Antifreedonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 5%).