The Allied States of Antharos is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Kamote with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 8.909 billion Antharosians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Antharos City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The powerhouse Antharosian economy, worth a remarkable 1,658 trillion pangyas a year, is highly specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 186,212 pangyas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The tax agency is feared more than serial killers and terrorists, drug-related crimes carry the death penalty, the ban on cars has been repealed, and abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Antharos's national animal is the poring, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Kamoteism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Antharos was endorsed by The Republic of Fellos.
- : Antharos was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport and the Top 5% for Most Inclusive.
- : Antharos was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement, Longest Average Lifespans, and Most Cultured and the Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- : Antharos voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate California".
- : Following new legislation in Antharos, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances.
- : Following new legislation in Antharos, the ban on cars has been repealed.
- : Following new legislation in Antharos, drug-related crimes carry the death penalty.
- : Following new legislation in Antharos, the tax agency is feared more than serial killers and terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in Antharos, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public.
- : Following new legislation in Antharos, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
Endorsements Received: 14 » Mediobogdum, Bhang Bhang Duc, Elegarth, Drachmaland, Wickedly evil people, Sindria, Khandavaprastha, See Islands, Ansica, Atlas Domain, Davelands, Yy4u, New Justusia, and Fellos.