The Allied States of Antharos is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Kamote with an even hand, and renowned for its closed borders, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 8.713 billion Antharosians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Antharos City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The powerhouse Antharosian economy, worth a remarkable 1,621 trillion pangyas a year, is highly specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 186,113 pangyas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians live in abject luxury, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space, a weakened police force struggles to maintain law and order, and nude art is becoming wildly popular. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Antharos's national animal is the poring, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Kamoteism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Antharos, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Antharos was endorsed by The Issue Seeking Autocracy of New Justusia.
- : Antharos's influence in The West Pacific fell from "Squire" to "Page".
- : Antharos was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Antharos, a weakened police force struggles to maintain law and order.
- : Following new legislation in Antharos, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space.
- : Following new legislation in Antharos, politicians live in abject luxury.
- : Following new legislation in Antharos, reports of arson have doubled since the introduction of a privatised fire protection service.
- : Following new legislation in Antharos, tourists avoid using the nation's bugged phones and monitored internet.
- : Antharos voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Alliance Against Nazis"".
Endorsements Received: 15 » Mediobogdum, Bhang Bhang Duc, Elegarth, DankDank, Drachmaland, Wickedly evil people, Sindria, Khandavaprastha, See Islands, Ansica, Big Bad Badger, Atlas Domain, Davelands, Yy4u, and New Justusia.