“Unity, Peace and Freedom”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Auxiliary
The Republic of Anikatia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by President Sui Anyi and PM Natalia Bataev with an even hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 8.186 billion Anikatians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Antiytia. The average income tax rate is 97%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The nation has recently been attributed to the funding of terrorist organisations, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, and school uniforms are compulsory. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Anikatia's national animal is the Goldcrest Eaglehawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the Anikuro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 11 days ago: Anikatia's influence in Pardes rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 12 days ago: Anikatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 12 days ago: Anikatia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 13 days ago: Anikatia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 14 days ago: Anikatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest (last census: Top 5%).
- 18 days ago: Anikatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 35 days ago: Anikatia changed its national leader to "President Sui Anyi and PM Natalia Bataev".
- 47 days ago: Anikatia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 48 days ago: Following new legislation in Anikatia, school uniforms are compulsory.
- 48 days ago: The Pardesian Socialist Union of Tehraan was struck by a Cure Missile from Anikatia, curing 5 million infected.