The Republic of Anikatia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by President Sui Anyi and PM Natalia Bataev with an even hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, hatred of cheese, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 8.613 billion Anikatians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Antiytia. The average income tax rate is 97.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Anikatian economy, worth 997 trillion Anikuroes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 115,768 Anikuroes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Anikatia Blood Tithe, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, and Anikatia's educational system is the envy of many and regarded as a pinnacle of academic achievement. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Anikatia's national animal is the Goldcrest Eaglehawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Anikatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Anikatia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Developed (last census: Top 10%).
- 8 days ago: Anikatia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 10 days ago: Anikatia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 21 days ago: Anikatia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- 25 days ago: Anikatia withdrew its endorsement from The Protectorate of NovaCaledonia.
- 26 days ago: Anikatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 27 days ago: Following new legislation in Anikatia, Anikatia's educational system is the envy of many and regarded as a pinnacle of academic achievement.
- 27 days ago: Anikatia was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 27 days ago: Following new legislation in Anikatia, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations.