“Where angels fear to tread”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Land of Kings and Emperors
The Supreme Majistirium of Angels Blood is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Syaoran Fay with a fair hand, and notable for its hatred of cheese. The compassionate, intelligent population of 9.582 billion Angels Bloodians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seraphim. The average income tax rate is 87%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Angelism has been named as Angels Blood's national religion, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, a primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world, and oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Angels Blood's national animal is the defeathered angels, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Angelism, and its currency is the wingtip.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Angels Blood, oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds.
- 7 days ago: Angels Blood altered its national flag.
- 7 days ago: Angels Blood relocated from Osiris to The Land of Kings and Emperors.
- 7 days ago: Angels Blood was refounded in Osiris.
- 148 days ago: Angels Blood ceased to exist.
- 161 days ago: Angels Blood fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 170 days ago: Angels Blood was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 170 days ago: Angels Blood was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential (last census: #1).
- 173 days ago: Angels Blood fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- 176 days ago: Angels Blood relocated from Lazarus to The Land of Kings and Emperors.