“Where angels fear to tread”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: The Land of Kings and Emperors
The Supreme Majistirium of Angels Blood is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Syaoran Fay with a fair hand, and renowned for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.793 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seraphim. The average income tax rate is 86%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The fire protection service is wholly government-funded, Max Barry is this year's Miss Angels Blood, Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme, and the new hit series "Angels Blood's Got Trauma" has corporate executives fleeing the country. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Angels Blood's national animal is the defeathered angels, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the wingtip.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 6 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Angels Blood was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: Angels Blood was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 13 days ago: Angels Blood relocated from Osiris to The Land of Kings and Emperors.
- 13 days ago: Angels Blood was refounded in Osiris.
- 20 days ago: Angels Blood ceased to exist.
- 36 days ago: Angels Blood was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 39 days ago: Angels Blood fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 62 days ago: Angels Blood was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 62 days ago: Angels Blood fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 81 days ago: Angels Blood was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).