The Liberal Republic of Andrewsburgville is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Andrew Silva with an even hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 5.724 billion Andrewsburgvilleans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Law & Order, although Education, Welfare, and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Montreal. The average income tax rate is 3.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Andrewsburgvillean economy, worth 380 trillion Figgy Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Gambling. Average income is 66,388 Figgy Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A-SPAN viewership drops as MPs act their age, disadvantaged neighbourhoods have become no-go areas after sundown, movie references are legally admissible in court, and the rich are forced to sell their cars to pay for more police to prevent their cars from being stolen. Crime is relatively low. Andrewsburgville's national animal is the Water Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Andrewsburgville was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Andrewsburgville was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Andrewsburgville's influence in United Valhaven rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Andrewsburgville was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).
- : Andrewsburgville was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- : Andrewsburgville was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Andrewsburgville fell out of the world Top 5% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Andrewsburgville was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Andrewsburgville, the rich are forced to sell their cars to pay for more police to prevent their cars from being stolen.
- : Following new legislation in Andrewsburgville, movie references are legally admissible in court.
Endorsements Received: None.