|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: St Abbaddon
The Liberal Republic of Andrewsburgville is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Andrew Silva with a fair hand, and remarkable for its hatred of cheese. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.9 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Montreal. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The government is almost completely paralyzed by the recent abolishment of the tax code, the government tries to improve relations with hostile countries by sending gift baskets, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, and healthcare funding has been cut. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Andrewsburgville's national animal is the Water Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Figgy Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Andrewsburgville was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 7 days ago: Andrewsburgville fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 8 days ago: Andrewsburgville ejected and banned The Republic of ZhiWrath14 from St Abbaddon.
- 8 days ago: Andrewsburgville banned The Democratic Republic of Nanoxu from St Abbaddon.
- 8 days ago: Andrewsburgville ejected The Democratic Republic of Nanoxu from St Abbaddon.
- 8 days ago: Andrewsburgville voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Renewable Energy Installations"".
- 8 days ago: Andrewsburgville composed a new Welcome Telegram for St Abbaddon.
- 8 days ago: Andrewsburgville agreed to construct embassies between St Abbaddon and Original Orion.
- 8 days ago: Andrewsburgville endorsed The Asphyxiating City States of Pseudocholinesterase.
- 21 days ago: Andrewsburgville was endorsed by The Republic of Someone Special 93.