“Freedom Is The Right Of All Sentient Beings”
Regional Influence: Power
Location: Former United States
The Constitutional Republic of Andaricus is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Commander Daniel Johnson with a fair hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 10.467 billion Andarians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Defense, with Industry and Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Law & Order receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Andaria City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Andaricusian economy, worth a remarkable 3,576 trillion andarian credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 341,655 andarian credits, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,457,712 per year while the poor average 15,297, a ratio of 160 to 1.
There has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates, electrocution deaths among computer technicians are at an all-time high, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, and loans are available for students from poor families. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, probably because of the absence of a police force. Andaricus's national animal is the thunderbird, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Andaricus is ranked 9th in Former United States and 110,261st in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with -683 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Andaricus, loans are available for students from poor families.
- 6 hours ago: Andaricus voted for the World Assembly Resolution "War Crimes Tribunal".
- 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Andaricus, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Andaricus voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Mountains to the East"".
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Andaricus, electrocution deaths among computer technicians are at an all-time high.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Andaricus, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Andaricus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Andaricus, calling out of the blue has become taboo.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Andaricus, skateparks can be found in every city.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Andaricus's influence in Former United States fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
Endorsements Received: None.