“Peace through traditional methods”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Serene Dominion of Ancient Slobovia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Empress Iris IV with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 14.13 billion Ancient Slobovians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Constantinople. The average income tax rate is 62%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Large areas of Ancient Slobovia are not accessible by the public, all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, and the government is pursuing a new programme aimed at promoting cultural sophistication. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ancient Slobovia's national animal is the silver bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the guilder.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Ancient Slobovia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "National Economic Freedoms"".
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Ancient Slobovia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 5 days ago: Ancient Slobovia fell out of the world Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 5 days ago: Ancient Slobovia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".
- 9 days ago: Ancient Slobovia endorsed The Kingdom of Haldilwe.
- 9 days ago: Ancient Slobovia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Haldilwe.
- 12 days ago: Ancient Slobovia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn The Black Riders"".
- 21 days ago: Ancient Slobovia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Wildfires".
- 27 days ago: Ancient Slobovia endorsed The Dominion of QuietDad.
- 28 days ago: Ancient Slobovia was endorsed by The Dominion of QuietDad.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Fudgetopia, Gauthier, Lakarian, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Theorin, Brittany the Great, Lord Booze, Kholdan, Atamis, The Union of Free Individuals, South Pacific Belschaft, Kiasu-ism, Dovanet, Vulkanus, Rockchester, Bear Connors Paradiso, The Bloodguard, Sierra Lobo, Kringalia, Kien Truong, Rebel-topia of the South Pacific, Cape Adare, TorchWood 18, Brutland and Norden, Tsunamy, Karatengisa, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Naples and Sicily, Sherlockopia, Yeses, Drugged Monkeys, Aschenburg, Pillaganburnistan, Axelzuera, Sandaoguo, Qvait, Lanndau, Edgardian Empire, Southern Bellz, TSP-Aramanchovia, The Sanghelios Legion, Gemack, The Imperial Confederacy, PenguinPies, Helfin, Clambridge, and Haldilwe.