The Serene Dominion of Ancient Slobovia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Empress Iris IV with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 16.165 billion Ancient Slobovians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Constantinople. The average income tax rate is 67.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Ancient Slobovian economy, worth 572 trillion guilders a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 35,445 guilders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Large areas of Ancient Slobovia are not accessible by the public, all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, and the government is pursuing a new programme aimed at promoting cultural sophistication. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ancient Slobovia's national animal is the silver bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 hours ago
- 20 hours ago: Ancient Slobovia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preserving Antimicrobials".
- 7 days ago: Ancient Slobovia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 9 days ago: Ancient Slobovia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 9 days ago: Ancient Slobovia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Power Safeguards Act"".
- 12 days ago: Ancient Slobovia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "The Gem Trading Accord"".
- 15 days ago: Ancient Slobovia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of Indigenous Peoples".
- 17 days ago: Ancient Slobovia endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Ahl.
- 18 days ago: Ancient Slobovia was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Ahl.
- 18 days ago: Ancient Slobovia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Testing Protocol".
- 19 days ago: Ancient Slobovia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
Endorsements Received: 60 » Fudgetopia, Gauthier, Lakarian, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Theorin, Kholdan, The Union of Free Individuals, Kiasu-ism, Vulkanus, Rockchester, Bear Connors Paradiso, The Bloodguard, Sierra Lobo, Kringalia, Kien Truong, Cape Adare, Brutland and Norden, Tsunamy, Karatengisa, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Naples and Sicily, Yeses, Drugged Monkeys, Aschenburg, Sandaoguo, Edgardian Empire, PenguinPies, Haldilwe, Haddocke, Smogaria, Space Wave, City States Nation, Graziania, Blairia, Soem, Krathenburg, Kaer Peulvan, Escade, Novo England, Carpat, Northern Copek, Feirmont, Community Property, SJS Republic, Bonaugure, Astreos, Ukrada, Brimain, The Peoples Emirate, and 10 others.Hileville, Queynte, Seliyan progressive Islands, Crusader Imperium, Vulnicura, Socialist Vitu, Iribet, Okairu, Southern Bellz, and Ahl.