The Serene Dominion of Ancient Slobovia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Empress Iris IV with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 16.519 billion Ancient Slobovians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Constantinople. The average income tax rate is 66.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Ancient Slobovian economy, worth 603 trillion guilders a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 36,511 guilders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Large areas of Ancient Slobovia are not accessible by the public, all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, and the government is pursuing a new programme aimed at promoting cultural sophistication. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ancient Slobovia's national animal is the silver bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ancient Slobovia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- : Ancient Slobovia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
- : Ancient Slobovia endorsed The Nomadic Peoples of Kaara Moki.
- : Ancient Slobovia fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- : Ancient Slobovia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Happiest Citizens.
- : Ancient Slobovia was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Kaara Moki.
- : Ancient Slobovia endorsed The Dominion of Domzona.
- : Ancient Slobovia was endorsed by The Dominion of Domzona.
- : Ancient Slobovia endorsed The Commonwealth of Toucanbay.
- : Ancient Slobovia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Toucanbay.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Fudgetopia, Gauthier, Lakarian, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Theorin, Kholdan, The Union of Free Individuals, Kiasu-ism, Rockchester, Bear Connors Paradiso, The Bloodguard, Sierra Lobo, Kringalia, Kien Truong, Cape Adare, Brutland and Norden, Tsunamy, Karatengisa, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Naples and Sicily, Yeses, Drugged Monkeys, Aschenburg, Sandaoguo, Edgardian Empire, PenguinPies, Haddocke, Space Wave, City States Nation, Soem, Krathenburg, Kaer Peulvan, Escade, Novo England, Carpat, Northern Copek, Feirmont, Community Property, SJS Republic, Bonaugure, Astreos, Ukrada, The Peoples Emirate, Hileville, Seliyan progressive Islands, Crusader Imperium, Iribet, Okairu, Southern Bellz, and 13 others.Ahl, Magna Sydney, St Vincent St Nevis and Bertrand Islands, Liberum Hominis in Terra, Valklann, The Sanghelios Legion, Lolochie, Greece and its Allies, The Solar System Scope, Trelatche, Toucanbay, Domzona, and Kaara Moki.