The Serene Dominion of Ancient Slobovia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Empress Iris IV with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, sprawling nuclear power plants, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 19.31 billion Ancient Slobovians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Constantinople. The average income tax rate is 70.2%.
The strong Ancient Slobovian economy, worth 982 trillion guilders a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Retail. Average income is 50,881 guilders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Large areas of Ancient Slobovia are not accessible by the public, all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, and the government is pursuing a new programme aimed at promoting cultural sophistication. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ancient Slobovia's national animal is the silver bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ancient Slobovia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Compliance Commission".
- : Ancient Slobovia endorsed The Peocracy of The International Knights.
- : Ancient Slobovia endorsed The Armed Republic of UNITED MALPAIS.
- : Ancient Slobovia was endorsed by The Peocracy of The International Knights.
- : Ancient Slobovia was endorsed by The Armed Republic of UNITED MALPAIS.
- : Ancient Slobovia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Ancient Slobovia endorsed The Republic of Siwale.
- : Ancient Slobovia was endorsed by The Republic of Siwale.
- : Ancient Slobovia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Act".
- : Ancient Slobovia endorsed The Incorporated States of Sparkadia.
Endorsements Received: 65 » Fudgetopia, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Theorin, Kiasu-ism, Bear Connors Paradiso, The Bloodguard, Cape Adare, Tsunamy, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Drugged Monkeys, Soem, Kaer Peulvan, SJS Republic, Seliyan progressive Islands, Crusader Imperium, Magna Sydney, Lolochie, Trelatche, Great Scapula, Extremely Democratic People, Pamela And Hepatitis, Francesad, Hamidson, Yardos, Bugmalandia, Farengeto, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Belschaft, Lambily, Opimo, The Argentum, Shadman Equebal, Bonaugure, Quiescent, RedDawn15, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Ownzone, New Lancre, DontStarve, Monkstar, Soviet El Paso, Percdon, Steybia, Gothamopulis, Squidysquid, Sierra Lobo, Mpondo, Atahs, and 15 others.Southwestern Alvilith, FreeFishers, Sup bud, Imkitopia, Kingdom of Penem, SuperTronGodTopia, Esu19, The Eight Hearths, Kholdan, Altivia, Cato2, Sparkadia, Siwale, UNITED MALPAIS, and The International Knights.