The Serene Dominion of Ancient Slobovia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Empress Iris IV with a fair hand, and notable for its smutty television, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 18.476 billion Ancient Slobovians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Constantinople. The average income tax rate is 70.0%.
The strong Ancient Slobovian economy, worth 906 trillion guilders a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 49,072 guilders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Large areas of Ancient Slobovia are not accessible by the public, all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, and the government is pursuing a new programme aimed at promoting cultural sophistication. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ancient Slobovia's national animal is the silver bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ancient Slobovia endorsed The Red Holy Empire of DontStarve.
- : Ancient Slobovia was endorsed by The Republic of Monkstar.
- : Ancient Slobovia's influence in The South Pacific fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
- : Ancient Slobovia was endorsed by The Red Holy Empire of DontStarve.
- : Ancient Slobovia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Humanitarian Aid Expansion Act".
- : Ancient Slobovia endorsed The Democratic States of Brimain.
- : Ancient Slobovia was endorsed by The Democratic States of Brimain.
- : Ancient Slobovia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Protocol"".
- : Ancient Slobovia endorsed The Commonwealth of New Lancre.
- : Ancient Slobovia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of New Lancre.
Endorsements Received: 68 » Fudgetopia, Lakarian, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Theorin, Kiasu-ism, Bear Connors Paradiso, The Bloodguard, Sierra Lobo, Cape Adare, Tsunamy, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Yeses, Drugged Monkeys, Soem, Kaer Peulvan, Carpat, SJS Republic, Ukrada, Seliyan progressive Islands, Crusader Imperium, Magna Sydney, Liberum Hominis in Terra, Lolochie, The Solar System Scope, Trelatche, Toucanbay, Great Scapula, Eta carina 2, Extremely Democratic People, Pamela And Hepatitis, Francesad, Westcoast Nation, Hamidson, Yardos, Bugmalandia, Doom Incarnate, The Eight Hearths, Farengeto, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Brandaium, Eastern Copek, Railana, Belschaft, Tananat, Lambily, Lennyville, Opimo, Techganet, and 18 others.Catochristoferson, Denguemark, Kingdom of Penem, The Argentum, Tazbania, Shadman Equebal, Bonaugure, Quiescent, RedDawn15, Pinewood Island, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Ownzone, The International Knights, Feirmont, New Lancre, Brimain, DontStarve, and Monkstar.