The Serene Dominion of Ancient Slobovia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Empress Iris IV with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 18.137 billion Ancient Slobovians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Constantinople. The average income tax rate is 68.1%.
The strong Ancient Slobovian economy, worth 920 trillion guilders a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 50,769 guilders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Large areas of Ancient Slobovia are not accessible by the public, all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, and the government is pursuing a new programme aimed at promoting cultural sophistication. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ancient Slobovia's national animal is the silver bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ancient Slobovia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "The Rule of Law".
- : Ancient Slobovia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Convention on Execution"".
- : Ancient Slobovia was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Ancient Slobovia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Animal Abuse".
- : Ancient Slobovia endorsed The Grand Colonial Commonwealth of Aschenburg.
- : Ancient Slobovia was endorsed by The Grand Colonial Commonwealth of Aschenburg.
- : Ancient Slobovia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Toxic Heavy Metals Act".
- : Ancient Slobovia endorsed The Federation of Pinewood Island.
- : Ancient Slobovia was endorsed by The Federation of Pinewood Island.
- : Ancient Slobovia endorsed The Democratic Republic of Roavin.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Fudgetopia, Lakarian, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Theorin, Kiasu-ism, Bear Connors Paradiso, The Bloodguard, Sierra Lobo, Cape Adare, Tsunamy, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Yeses, Drugged Monkeys, Soem, Krathenburg, Kaer Peulvan, Carpat, SJS Republic, Astreos, Ukrada, Seliyan progressive Islands, Crusader Imperium, Magna Sydney, Liberum Hominis in Terra, Lolochie, The Solar System Scope, Trelatche, Toucanbay, Domzona, Great Scapula, Eta carina 2, Hjernaruzi, Extremely Democratic People, Pamela And Hepatitis, Francesad, Westcoast Nation, Hamidson, Yardos, Bugmalandia, Doom Incarnate, The Eight Hearths, Farengeto, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Brandaium, Eastern Copek, Railana, Belschaft, Tananat, and 21 others.Lambily, Malarek, Imkitopia, Lennyville, Opimo, Dagondria, Techganet, Catochristoferson, Denguemark, Yemassee, Umberton, Kingdom of Penem, The Argentum, Tazbania, Shadman Equebal, Bonaugure, Quiescent, RedDawn15, Roavin, Pinewood Island, and Aschenburg.