The Holy Empire of An Clar is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Gaius Melkor with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 17.379 billion An Clarians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, well-organized morass — prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Spirituality are also considered important, while Environment receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Inis. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant An Clarian economy, worth 265 trillion banner yoyoes a year, is highly specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 15,271 banner yoyoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, train stations can be 'armful places, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, and most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. An Clar's national animal is the magpie, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Melkorianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : An Clar was endorsed by The Free Land of Tuccistahn.
- : An Clar endorsed The Democratic Republic of Celipseans.
- : An Clar was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Celipseans.
- : Following new legislation in An Clar, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists.
- : Following new legislation in An Clar, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Following new legislation in An Clar, train stations can be 'armful places.
- : Following new legislation in An Clar, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- : Following new legislation in An Clar, the government seizes all major gold finds.
- : Following new legislation in An Clar, the government snoops on private internet connections.
- : Following new legislation in An Clar, rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons.
Endorsements Received: 51 » Alsted, Jenesia, The Seven Provinces, The City-State of Vienna, Lexembourg, Lieges, The Fair Republic, Tigyland, Fenian Provinces, Stromia, Marmotien, Kaiserusse, Mameluco, Plaville, Linkisheer, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Dauershire, Eurosceptic Citizens, Foucaults garden, Pileusia, Novo Portugal, Canopytown, Albertinum, Bohomo, Frostinia, Outer Sparta, Patcharas, Prinx, Mulderanian Empire, Ivil, Wombelland, Polonilandia, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Wundaskenael, Nova Luna, Neuss, United Dragons, Satan Bear, Kauderia, Europe and Northern Asia, Alela, Eufland, Manupolia, Vice Lands, Troltovia, Linnester, Quantum Instability, Celipseans, and 1 other.Tuccistahn.