The Holy Empire of An Clar is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Gaius Melkor with an iron fist, and remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, keen interest in outer space, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 16.986 billion An Clarians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, well-organized morass — prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Spirituality also on the agenda, while Environment is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Inis. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant An Clarian economy, worth 255 trillion banner yoyoes a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 15,052 banner yoyoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Artists are pillars of society, the government is seen to favor Catholics, midnight raids drag couples from their homes in the name of decency, and the government is engaging in an agricultural trade war with Maxtopia. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. An Clar's national animal is the magpie, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Melkorianism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 hours ago
- 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in An Clar, the government is engaging in an agricultural trade war with Maxtopia.
- 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in An Clar, midnight raids drag couples from their homes in the name of decency.
- 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in An Clar, the government is seen to favor Catholics.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in An Clar, artists are pillars of society.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in An Clar, elections are outlawed and a hairstylist has recently received a government appointment.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in An Clar, the state has declared war on the environment and environmentalists by association.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in An Clar, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in An Clar, manual labourers must be willing to have cybernetic limbs to get a job.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in An Clar, randomly bombing neighboring countries has become the new national sport.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in An Clar, Gaius Melkor claims to be the epitome of family values.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Alsted, Jenesia, The Seven Provinces, The City-State of Vienna, Lexembourg, Lieges, The Fair Republic, Tigyland, Fenian Provinces, Carswellia, Stromia, Marmotien, Kaiserusse, Mameluco, Nukls-Andwicz, Sybaritic Socialists, Plaville, Linkisheer, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Dauershire, Eurosceptic Citizens, Foucaults garden, Pileusia, The Imperial Plains, Novo Portugal, Axtro-Saxonia, Canopytown, Albertinum, Bohomo, Savtun, Frostinia, Outer Sparta, Patcharas, Prinx, Mulderanian Empire, Ivil, Wombelland, Polonilandia, Imperium Anglorum, Lerne, Basque Dominion, Holy Order of Justice, Nerds Geeks and Trolls, Northern German Federation, Wundaskenael, Nova Luna, Neuss, Wartoc, United Dragons, Satan Bear, and 9 others.Lonely Star Nation, The Lair of the Mothman, Forgotton Warriors, Portuguese Explorers, Kauderia, Europe and Northern Asia, Ligenburg, Abrutus Etto, and Alela.