The Holy Empire of An Clar is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Gaius Melkor with an iron fist, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, smutty television, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 17.806 billion An Clarians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, well-organized morass — prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Spirituality also on the agenda, while Environment receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Inis. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant An Clarian economy, worth 279 trillion banner yoyoes a year, is highly specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 15,696 banner yoyoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Warfare increasingly resembles a video game, magpie sanctuaries have been taken over by hydraulic fracturing sites, political activists are routinely executed, and the ban on cars has been repealed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. An Clar's national animal is the magpie, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Melkorianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in An Clar, the ban on cars has been repealed.
- : Following new legislation in An Clar, political activists are routinely executed.
- : Following new legislation in An Clar, magpie sanctuaries have been taken over by hydraulic fracturing sites.
- : An Clar endorsed The Armed Republic of Hitokiri.
- : An Clar was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Hitokiri.
- : Following new legislation in An Clar, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
- : Following new legislation in An Clar, airport security is provided by private companies.
- : Following new legislation in An Clar, companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes.
- : An Clar endorsed The Reformed Kingdom of Woschia.
- : An Clar was endorsed by The Reformed Kingdom of Woschia.
Endorsements Received: 74 » Alsted, Jenesia, The Seven Provinces, The City-State of Vienna, Lexembourg, Lieges, The Fair Republic, Tigyland, Fenian Provinces, Stromia, Marmotien, Kaiserusse, Mameluco, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Dauershire, Eurosceptic Citizens, Foucaults garden, Pileusia, Novo Portugal, Canopytown, Albertinum, Bohomo, Frostinia, Prinx, Ivil, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Manupolia, Troltovia, Linnester, Celipseans, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Bescherelle, Feux, The Greater German Federal Republic, Ekronia, Iberian-French Union, Somoranya, East Arc, Falvaard, Ydinian, Melfar, Vinternia, Claudiuville, Kingdom of Bavaria, Ironbrook, Fortaleza boss, and 24 others.GijsMr, Pungusglynn, Squidz, The Greater Swaslevian Republic, Alvernal, Kardjali, Nordicana, Thalling, Adlandas, Dark Matter, Anatruria, Imperdur, Libertian Confederacy, Aurora Republic, Polonilandia, Sugar Cake, Saint Isabel, Fortia, New Decius, Orthodox States, Turkestanic Union, Tuccistahn, Woschia, and Hitokiri.