“Worship the Banner or be destroyed!”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
The Holy Empire of An Clar is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Gaius Melkor with an iron fist, and remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 14.633 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Education are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Inis. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Discarded pennies litter the streets, all writing must pass a censorship board before being allowed on the shelves, notable individuals are granted land and titles, and the right to free speech is being drastically curtailed. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. An Clar's national animal is the magpie, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Melkorianism, and its currency is the banner yoyo.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 6 days ago: An Clar was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Athos and Byzantium.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in An Clar, the right to free speech is being drastically curtailed.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in An Clar, notable individuals are granted land and titles.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in An Clar, all writing must pass a censorship board before being allowed on the shelves.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in An Clar, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in An Clar, citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over An Clar.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in An Clar, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in An Clar, the booming slave trade is now government-funded.
- 19 days ago: An Clar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 25 days ago: An Clar endorsed The Kingdom of Nou Occitania.
Endorsements Received: 55 » Alsted, Jenesia, Keris, Ivernia, Voxum Mortalum, The Seven Provinces, Each-Uisge, Echo von Cotta, Novo Portugal, The City-State of Vienna, Vanbrugh, Novus Edenis, Scorjthaal, Lexembourg, Lieges, Jon4de85, The Fair Republic, Roman Provinces, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Marmiedon, Outer Prussia, Monance, Tigyland, Jovan Balac, Fenian Provinces, Santamio, Bylantia, Carswellia, Dosia, Austerene, Nova Prutenia, Toongoosia, Stromia, Bering, Marmotien, Kaiserusse, Mameluco, Nukls-Andwicz, Sybaritic Socialists, Plaville, Kureimoa, Capricania, Linkisheer, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Dauershire, Faery Land, Eurosceptic Citizens, Temistocles, Lothairia, Malacovia, and 5 others.Welsh Valley, Foucaults garden, Slouzie, Nou Occitania, and Athos and Byzantium.