The Holy Empire of An Clar is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Gaius Melkor with an iron fist, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, ubiquitous missile silos, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 17.573 billion An Clarians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, well-organized morass — prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Spirituality are also considered important, while Environment isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Inis. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant An Clarian economy, worth 271 trillion banner yoyoes a year, is highly specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 15,442 banner yoyoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Magpie racing stadiums are open 24/7, businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up, the nation is committed to nuclear rearmament, and the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. An Clar's national animal is the magpie, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Melkorianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in An Clar, the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy.
- : Following new legislation in An Clar, the nation is committed to nuclear rearmament.
- : Following new legislation in An Clar, businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up.
- : Following new legislation in An Clar, magpie racing stadiums are open 24/7.
- : Following new legislation in An Clar, citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked.
- : An Clar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Following new legislation in An Clar, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway.
- : Following new legislation in An Clar, the nation's soldiers are considered the best-dressed in Europe.
- : An Clar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in An Clar, retail stores offer sales every hour on the hour.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Alsted, Jenesia, The Seven Provinces, The City-State of Vienna, Lexembourg, Lieges, The Fair Republic, Tigyland, Fenian Provinces, Stromia, Marmotien, Kaiserusse, Mameluco, Plaville, Linkisheer, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Dauershire, Eurosceptic Citizens, Foucaults garden, Pileusia, Novo Portugal, Canopytown, Albertinum, Bohomo, Frostinia, Outer Sparta, Prinx, Ivil, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Neuss, Kauderia, Manupolia, Vice Lands, Troltovia, Linnester, Celipseans, Tuccistahn, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, and Bescherelle.