“Worship the Banner or be destroyed!”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
The Holy Empire of An Clar is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Gaius Melkor with an iron fist, and renowned for its devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 15.24 billion An Clarians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Education are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Inis. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, senior citizens are often found slaving away in factories, soldiers are equipped with multi-million banner yoyo battlesuits, and the public health bureaucracy is wrapped in miles of red tape. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. An Clar's national animal is the magpie, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Melkorianism, and its currency is the banner yoyo.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 19 hours ago
- 12 hours ago: An Clar was endorsed by The United States of Confederate United America.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: An Clar was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in An Clar, the public health bureaucracy is wrapped in miles of red tape.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in An Clar, soldiers are equipped with multi-million banner yoyo battlesuits.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in An Clar, senior citizens are often found slaving away in factories.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in An Clar, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in An Clar, organ donation rates have hit a new low.
- 1 day 19 hours ago: An Clar endorsed The Commonwealth of IB kingdom.
- 1 day 19 hours ago: An Clar endorsed The Empire of Daircoill.
- 1 day 19 hours ago: An Clar endorsed The Republic of Novirod.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Alsted, Jenesia, Keris, Ivernia, Voxum Mortalum, The Seven Provinces, Each-Uisge, Echo von Cotta, Novo Portugal, The City-State of Vienna, Vanbrugh, Lexembourg, Lieges, Jon4de85, The Fair Republic, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Marmiedon, Outer Prussia, Monance, Tigyland, Fenian Provinces, Carswellia, Nova Prutenia, Toongoosia, Stromia, Bering, Marmotien, Kaiserusse, Mameluco, Nukls-Andwicz, Sybaritic Socialists, Plaville, Kureimoa, Linkisheer, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Dauershire, Eurosceptic Citizens, Lothairia, Malacovia, Welsh Valley, Foucaults garden, Nou Occitania, Athos and Byzantium, Norse German Federation, Unicorania, Zavalka, Pileusia, Horreum, Pantoufle, Novirod, and 3 others.Daircoill, IB kingdom, and Confederate United America.