The Socialist Dictatorship of Ambibia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Horendad Vonwelder with an iron fist, and notable for its parental licensing program, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The cynical, devout population of 5.271 billion Ambibians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Oreli. The average income tax rate is 97.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Ambibian economy, worth 603 trillion Remmets a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 114,525 Remmets, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Builders spend more time negotiating "tasteful architecture" than on actual construction, euthanasia is legal, criminals are put to death while cuddling their favourite teddy bear, and torture is commonly used to extract information from suspected criminals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ambibia's national animal is the Purple Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Turkmenistism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 days ago
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Ambibia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 9 days ago: Ambibia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 11 days ago: Ambibia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).
- 11 days ago: Ambibia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 13 days ago: Ambibia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 10%).
- 13 days ago: Ambibia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 15 days ago: Ambibia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 18 days ago: Ambibia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 19 days ago: Ambibia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 19 days ago: Ambibia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.