The Olden Pact of Alyekra is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by the Dodecumvirate with an even hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 7.648 billion Alyekrii citizens are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The medium-sized, pro-business government prioritizes Defense, although Public Transport, Healthcare, and Spirituality are also considered important, while Environment and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Almgaurd. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.0%.
The powerhouse Alyekrii economy, worth 430 trillion Denometers a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 56,325 Denometers, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 168,880 per year while the poor average 14,676, a ratio of 11.5 to 1.
Torture is illegal, the state has declared war on the environment and environmentalists by association, internet service is too costly for normal people to purchase, and the entire country is an urban wasteland as the well-to-do commute from space (Alyekra has found 2 easter eggs). Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Alyekra's national animal is the Owl, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Alyekra was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Alyekra's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Alyekra's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Alyekra's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Alyekra's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Alyekra was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Alyekra ceased to exist.
- : Alyekra was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Fattest Citizens, Most Armed, Highest Crime Rates, and Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector and the Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Alyekra was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fattest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Alyekra fell out of the regional Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.