“Ability is nothing without opportunity.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The People's Republic of Alvisiror is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Schnalt with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed population of 2.091 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Navis. The average income tax rate is 93%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Tourism.
The government is avowedly atheist, euthanasia is legal, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported, and prisons are crowded with possible terrorist suspects. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Alvisiror's national animal is the robin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Alvis.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 hours ago
- 8 hours ago: Alvisiror was endorsed by The Prosperity Nation of Oceanic Republic.
- 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Alvisiror, prisons are crowded with possible terrorist suspects.
- 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Alvisiror, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported.
- 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Alvisiror, euthanasia is legal.
- 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Alvisiror, the government is avowedly atheist.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Alvisiror was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Alvisiror, criminals are put to death while cuddling their favourite teddy bear.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Alvisiror, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Alvisiror, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Alvisiror, breastfeeding mothers are replacing smokers to loiter outside the workplace.
Endorsements Received: 37 (Lahuland, Chronopolice, Imperial Royal Union, Voodoo garden, Christian Indonesia, Edgemaster, Solleana, Dustwind, Spadanera, Moogs World, Tristan da King, Osea Island, Eat_aly, Lubnid, Cammiwoo, Republic of VEW, RedSideUp, The Republic of Michigan, Stas Nikitin, Witchcraft and Sorcery, Jentoan, Republic of Carl, Woonsocket, Glaciacium, Rex Republic, Glaciem, United Republic of India, The Laurentian Islands, Mega, Splanger, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Future of Mankind, Venerus, Shenanigans, Ayunli, Anime Daisuki, Oceanic Republic)