The Empire of Alvet is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its anti-smoking policies, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 976 million Alvetians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alvarius. The average income tax rate is 63.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Alvetian economy, worth 29.2 trillion Snaps a year, is quite specialized and led by the Furniture Restoration industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Pizza Delivery, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 29,964 Snaps, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes, organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous, and a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Alvet's national animal is the Northern White-faced Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Alvet was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Alvet, a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army.
- : Alvet was refounded in Balder.
- : Alvet ceased to exist.
- : Alvet was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Alvet was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Average.
- : Following new legislation in Alvet, organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous.
- : Following new legislation in Alvet, Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes.
- : Following new legislation in Alvet, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- : Following new legislation in Alvet, ethnic minorities are often refused admission to some of the nation's best schools.