The People's Republic of Alversia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Sammi Owens with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 17.926 billion Alversians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Illesia City. The average income tax rate is 79.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Alversian economy, worth a remarkable 2,016 trillion Sedars a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 112,495 Sedars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, and invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie. Crime is totally unknown. Alversia's national animal is the Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Alversia fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Alversia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Alversia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Alversia fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Alversia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- : Alversia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- : Alversia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Alversia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Alversia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- : Alversia's influence in The Local Cluster fell from "Handshaker" to "Truckler".