The Ancient Lands of Alvalero is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Zander with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, enslaved workforce, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 11.618 billion Alvalerans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ankara. The average income tax rate is 76.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Alvaleran economy, worth 995 trillion Alvaleran Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 85,672 Alvaleran Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There is now a private sector based on doomsday devices (Alvalero has found 2 easter eggs), voters must frequently select what they view as the lesser of two evils on the ballot, skateparks can be found in every city, and dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Alvalero's national animal is the White Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Norse Mythology.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Alvalero was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Alvalero fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Alvalero was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 1%).
- : Alvalero was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- : Alvalero fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- : Alvalero was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- : Alvalero was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- : Alvalero was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- : Alvalero fell out of the world Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Alvalero fell out of the world Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.