The Imperial Protectorates of Altruistic Paladins is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Norton II with a fair hand, and renowned for its parental licensing program, sprawling nuclear power plants, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 9.448 billion Altruistic Paladins love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Social Policy and Defense also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Administration aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mount Celestia. The average income tax rate is 96.1%.
The very strong Altruistic Paladin economy, worth a remarkable 1,701 trillion Licets a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 180,083 Licets, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The breathalyser pledge is a traditional part of marriages in Altruistic Paladins, citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling", most citizens in Altruistic Paladins are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government, and midnight pizza breaks are common among the work-from-home population. Crime is totally unknown. Altruistic Paladins's national animal is the canid, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Altruistic Paladins is ranked 8th in Democratic Socialist Assembly and 2,114th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 705 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 10 hours ago
- 11 hours ago: Altruistic Paladins was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Lenavo.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Altruistic Paladins endorsed The Republic of New Pridnestrovie.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Altruistic Paladins was endorsed by The Republic of New Pridnestrovie.
- 5 days ago: Altruistic Paladins's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- 6 days ago: Altruistic Paladins was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 7 days ago: Altruistic Paladins was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- 7 days ago: Altruistic Paladins was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- 9 days ago: Altruistic Paladins was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 1%).
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Altruistic Paladins, midnight pizza breaks are common among the work-from-home population.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Altruistic Paladins, most citizens in Altruistic Paladins are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government.
Endorsements Received: 39 » Umweltbewusst, Kinesin, Pico Turquino, The Celtic Islets, Equitanis, Xeno II, Gervase, Tigerstan, Bmoneypad, Korbata, The Huskar Social Union, Havilland, Bananaistan, Kamsky-Ordon, Cookie Capital, Laevendell, Haltari, Nalsolia, Kiptoke-Ruselia, Corujea, Lemur Isles, Borqian Defence, United Gojoseon, Czechostan, Gallifrax, Absuurdistan, Rhodanthian, Ralshia, Heroica, Roschstein, Suceavija, Hiroshimo, The Union of Klotecnia, Mettia, Canboria, Aragona Nova, Fraegeburg, New Pridnestrovie, and Lenavo.