The Principality of Alpacanzia is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Prince Thespius II with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and smutty television. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 6.649 billion Alpacanzis are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marko's Landing. The average income tax rate is 91.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Alpacanzi economy, worth 610 trillion Crowns a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 91,746 Crowns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, prisons are crowded with possible terrorist suspects, warfare increasingly resembles a video game, and an increasingly villainous series of sports coaches are demanding the national mascot's true identity. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Alpacanzia's national animal is the Alpaca, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Alpacanzia is ranked 43rd in The Coalition of Democratic Nations and 15,042nd in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 206 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Alpacanzia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 7 days ago: Alpacanzia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- 7 days ago: Alpacanzia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- 40 days ago: Alpacanzia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 54 days ago: Alpacanzia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 68 days ago: Following new legislation in Alpacanzia, an increasingly villainous series of sports coaches are demanding the national mascot's true identity.
- 70 days ago: Alpacanzia lodged a message on the The Coalition of Democratic Nations Regional Message Board.
- 72 days ago: Alpacanzia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 77 days ago: Alpacanzia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- 77 days ago: Alpacanzia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.