|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Alonga is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its strong anti-business policies. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 14.439 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Social Welfare, although Education and Healthcare are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 73%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, voting is voluntary, Presbyterian has been named as Alonga's national religion, and teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Alonga's national animal is the hawk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Presbyterian, and its currency is the euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Alonga was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 4 days ago: Alonga was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 7 days ago: Alonga was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 11 days ago: Alonga was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 14 days ago: Alonga was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 17 days ago: Alonga relocated from United Kingdom of Ireland to Japvia.
- 24 days ago: Alonga was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 32 days ago: Alonga was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 40 days ago: Alonga was ranked #1 in the region for Safest.
- 46 days ago: Alonga was ranked #1 in the region for Happiest Citizens.