|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: Pacific Union
The Queen's State of Alonga is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its hatred of cheese. The compassionate, intelligent population of 15.724 billion Alongans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Social Welfare, although Education and Healthcare are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 74%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, voting is voluntary, none has been named as Alonga's national religion, and teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Alonga's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Alonga was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Alonga's influence in Pacific Union rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 7 days ago: Alonga was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 8 days ago: Alonga relocated from Japvia to Pacific Union.
- 19 days ago: Alonga was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 21 days ago: Alonga was struck by a Cure Missile from The Queen's State of Aad, curing 135 million infected.
- 90 days ago: Alonga was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 92 days ago: Alonga was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 102 days ago: Alonga was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 5%).
- 110 days ago: Alonga was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Income Equality.