The Queen's State of Alonga is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and suspicion of poets. The democratic population of 17.31 billion Alongans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 92.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Alongan economy, worth 181 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is 10,478 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, voting is voluntary, none has been named as Alonga's national religion, and teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Alonga's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Alonga's influence in Istohaa Sarilanleur rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Alonga's influence in Istohaa Sarilanleur rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Alonga's influence in Istohaa Sarilanleur rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Alonga's influence in Istohaa Sarilanleur rose from "Vassal" to "Handshaker".
- : Alonga's influence in Istohaa Sarilanleur rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- : Alonga relocated from Balder to Istohaa Sarilanleur.
- : Alonga was refounded in Balder.
- : Alonga ceased to exist.
- : Alonga was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- : Alonga was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.