“Libertad y Justicia”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Dealmaker
The Zombie hunters of Almonaster Nuevo is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Alejandro de las Torres Altas with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, intelligent population of 16.744 billion Neuvans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mizumigari. The average income tax rate is 46%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Information Technology and Book Publishing.
All forms of advertising are banned, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, and motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Almonaster Nuevo's national animal is the Loon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is militant agnosticism, and its currency is the Fract.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Almonaster Nuevo, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours.
- 8 hours ago: Almonaster Nuevo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Recognition".
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Almonaster Nuevo was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Almonaster Nuevo, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Almonaster Nuevo, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Almonaster Nuevo, all forms of advertising are banned.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Almonaster Nuevo was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Almonaster Nuevo, the police force is on a recruitment drive.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Almonaster Nuevo, leather-clad individuals can be seen walking their slaves in public parks.
- 4 days ago: Almonaster Nuevo lodged a message on the Canada Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 39 » SLAM-ER, Cowland5, Parkplace, Kiljarit, Omnivorous, Devil Heart, Esselldee, Vancili, Faxenland, Higsantium, Guelphia, Goose-ada, Laughterandsunshine, Wild Mustanges, Mojaguay, Gary Neville, South Pezalia, Lardon Atya, Rhuztovkia, Jamberry, Stormaen, Tigults, Aslanistan, SetiCrunchers, Ambrok, Firefights, Raincouver, Greatest Vietnam, New Vinland, Aboriginal Sailors of Hudson Bay, Mississippi Islands, Turrican, Wolfgangmn, Auq, Drummond and Elmsley, Lutsen, San Francesco Bay, Nunavut Republic, and Mirahge.