“Libertad y Justicia”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Zombie hunters of Almonaster Nuevo is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Alejandro de las Torres Altas with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 13.405 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mizumigari. The average income tax rate is 2%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Book Publishing.
Citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, euthanasia is legal, and all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Almonaster Nuevo's national animal is the Loon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is militant agnosticism, and its currency is the Fract.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 hours ago
- 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Almonaster Nuevo, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras.
- 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Almonaster Nuevo, euthanasia is legal.
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Almonaster Nuevo fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Almonaster Nuevo fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Almonaster Nuevo, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Almonaster Nuevo, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- 4 days ago: Almonaster Nuevo lodged a message on the Canada Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Almonaster Nuevo, students cut up leftover Fracts during Arts and Crafts.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Almonaster Nuevo, 'Mountain Doobie' is widely regarded as the nation's favourite drink.
- 5 days ago: Almonaster Nuevo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Stopping Suicide Seeds".
Endorsements Received: 52 (Ishmiel, SLAM-ER, Cowland5, SetiCrunchers, Farfel the Dog, Parkplace, Ambrok, Orthus Mundus, The Unionized Stoners, Kiljarit, British Canuckistan, MaziChino, Omnivorous, Spirit Bear, Devil Heart, Aslanistan, Jus Dananas, CEarle, Firefights, Ecans, Alalala Land, Lutzelhaven, Lidyn, Esselldee, Funkyland, Palsada, Penguinestine, Vita Nova de Yerik, Wild Mustanges, Vancili, Transylvantarcticanada, Dyoshun, Rylona, The Tau Contingent, RQNP, Boreal Tundra WA Admin, Kanuckdia, Higsantium, Chrisia, Cance, Mesocricetus Auratus Peninsula, Faxenland, Oilers Fans, TurtDadon, The Willing, Freezing Cold Water, Lardon Atya, Fiddlegreen Farms, The Mountain Smauge, Logical Thinking, Another Dimension, Nova Populum)