The United States of Almaniania is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President Viola Castillon with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, barren, inhospitable landscape, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 10.452 billion Almanianians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Galt City. The average income tax rate is 37.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Almanianian economy, worth a remarkable 1,449 trillion panas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 138,707 panas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Daisy chain gangs plant flowers and pick up litter, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, President Viola Castillon's mistress is the belle at many state balls, and the nation's only university is the School of Hard Knocks. Crime is totally unknown. Almaniania's national animal is the dove, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Almaniania's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Almaniania's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Almaniania's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Almaniania's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Almaniania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry, Largest Publishing Industry, Highest Economic Output, and Most Extensive Civil Rights and the Top 10% for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Almaniania was refounded in Balder.
- : Almaniania ceased to exist.
- : Almaniania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Almaniania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nudest (last census: Top 10%).
- : Almaniania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry (last census: Top 5%).