“Paper is obsolete”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Enforcer
The Technocratic Community of Alluria Excel is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 11.12 billion Allurians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government concentrates mainly on Education, although Commerce and Healthcare are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tecnopolis. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 24%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Alluria Excel's national animal is the lab rat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 4 days ago: Alluria Excel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Alluria Excel fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 5 days ago: Alluria Excel changed its national demonym to "Allurian" and its demonym adjective to "Allurian".
- 7 days ago: Alluria Excel lodged a message on the ITALIA Regional Message Board.
- 7 days ago: Alluria Excel fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 8 days ago: Alluria Excel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 12 days ago: Alluria Excel's influence in ITALIA fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- 13 days ago: Alluria Excel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).
- 15 days ago: Alluria Excel lodged a message on the ITALIA Regional Message Board.
- 29 days ago: Alluria Excel fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.