The Technocratic Community of Alluria Excel is a gargantuan, cultured nation, renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, digital currency, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 13.556 billion Allurians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Healthcare, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tecnopolis. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Allurian economy, worth a remarkable 2,038 trillion credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is an impressive 150,394 credits, with the richest citizens earning 5.5 times as much as the poorest.
The "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Tecnopolis Times is sold out, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, cheap and tasteless vegetables flood the markets, and small businesses are gobbled up almost daily by corporate giants. Crime is almost non-existent. Alluria Excel's national animal is the lab rat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Alluria Excel fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- : Alluria Excel was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- : Alluria Excel fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Alluria Excel was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Italia capitalista.
- : Alluria Excel endorsed The Federal Republic of Aleksandra von Kraken.
- : Alluria Excel endorsed The Democratic Republic of Italia capitalista.
- : Alluria Excel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Alluria Excel was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Alluria Excel, small businesses are gobbled up almost daily by corporate giants.
- : Following new legislation in Alluria Excel, cheap and tasteless vegetables flood the markets.