“Paper is obsolete”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Technocratic Community of Alluria Excel is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 9.747 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The medium-sized, pro-business government is mainly concerned with Education, although Commerce and Healthcare are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tecnopolis. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 15%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Information Technology and Door-to-door Insurance Sales.
Several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Alluria Excel's national animal is the lab rat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Alluria Excel was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 8 days ago: Alluria Excel was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 12 days ago: Alluria Excel was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 17 days ago: Alluria Excel fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 28 days ago: Alluria Excel fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 29 days ago: Alluria Excel was endorsed by The Republic of Samniumland.
- 29 days ago: Alluria Excel was endorsed by The --- of Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic.
- 30 days ago: Alluria Excel endorsed The --- of Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic.
- 30 days ago: Alluria Excel was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Corporate Bordello".
- 32 days ago: Alluria Excel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 5%).