“Paper is obsolete”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Enforcer
The Technocratic Community of Alluria Excel is a gargantuan, safe nation, renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 11.158 billion Allurians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government is mainly concerned with Education, although Commerce and Healthcare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tecnopolis. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 24%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Alluria Excel's national animal is the lab rat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 12 hours ago
- 3 hours ago: Alluria Excel was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Tartaglia.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Alluria Excel fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 5 days ago: Alluria Excel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: Alluria Excel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: Alluria Excel fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 11 days ago: Alluria Excel changed its national demonym to "Allurian" and its demonym adjective to "Allurian".
- 12 days ago: Alluria Excel lodged a message on the ITALIA Regional Message Board.
- 13 days ago: Alluria Excel fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 14 days ago: Alluria Excel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 18 days ago: Alluria Excel's influence in ITALIA fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".