“Freedom above all else.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: 10000 Islands
The Republic of All Things People is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by John Bull with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.997 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. The average income tax rate is 97%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Legislation sometimes has to battle through weeks of filibustering to pass, the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds, all streets are privately owned toll roads, and Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. All Things People's national animal is the lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 19 hours ago: All Things People was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 19 hours ago: All Things People was endorsed by The Proletarian Dictatorship of An Isolated Populace.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: All Things People was endorsed by The Queendom of Ravenclaw Towers.
- 3 days 19 hours ago: All Things People fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 5 days ago: All Things People was endorsed by The Free Land of Cuiken.
- 7 days ago: All Things People was endorsed by The Syndicate of Hayden Island.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in All Things People, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in All Things People, all streets are privately owned toll roads.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in All Things People, the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds.
- 9 days ago: All Things People was endorsed by The Peoples Island Republic of DannyDeVitostan.
Endorsements Received: 35 » Cerb, Biblical Importance, Cammiwoo, Dustwind, Rex Republic, Krallaria, Grungerock, Seranis, Kelvinski, United Stochacist States, Thanya, Spadanera, Future of Mankind, Norwads, Frodockville, Happy Kitten Death Chain Land, Italia Vittoriosa, Beiluxia, The imperial state of Japan, Slaytania, Naughtania, Snoozing Buffalax, Kokkinostan, Sticks and Skulls, Nuggsrocks, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Witchcraft and Sorcery, Sheldanada, Thomason, Atharium, DannyDeVitostan, Hayden Island, Cuiken, Ravenclaw Towers, and An Isolated Populace.