The Tale from Topographic Oceans of All Good People is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Westwind with an iron fist, and notable for its national health service, public floggings, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The cynical, cheerful, devout population of 12.652 billion All Good Peoples are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Heart of the Sunrise. The average income tax rate is 59.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming All Good Peoples economy, worth 894 trillion Equiliants a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 70,664 Equiliants, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Westwind is worshipped as a god, god-fearing citizens can be seen in prayer circles around the Big Max impact crater, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. All Good People's national animal is the Dream Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Sacred Order of The Church of Westwind.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 5 hours ago
- 2 days 23 hours ago: All Good People lodged a message on the The West Pacific Regional Message Board.
- 3 days ago: All Good People lodged a message on the The West Pacific Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: All Good People relocated from The Beech Beach House to Mirkwood.
- 5 days ago: All Good People was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 11 days ago: All Good People fell out of the world Top 1% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 13 days ago: All Good People resigned from the World Assembly.
- 13 days ago: All Good People's influence in The Beech Beach House rose from "Minnow" to "Contender".
- 13 days ago: All Good People relocated from The Pacific to The Beech Beach House.
- 13 days ago: All Good People relocated from The West Pacific to The Pacific.
- 13 days ago: All Good People lodged a message on the The West Pacific Regional Message Board.