“Tini okiea Alkoul”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Commonwealth of Crowns
The Royal Kingdom of Alkoul is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by King Andrew II with an even hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate population of 6.09 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Social Welfare. The average income tax rate is 83%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, all telephone traffic is monitored for 'national security reasons', and major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Alkoul's national animal is the Hamster, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Alkoulian.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Alkoul lodged a message on the The Commonwealth of Crowns Regional Message Board.
- 15 days ago: Alkoul was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 15 days ago: Alkoul was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 19 days ago: Alkoul fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 26 days ago: Alkoul was endorsed by The Kingdom of Anglia.
- 26 days ago: Alkoul lost the endorsement of The Constitutional Monarchy of Esparmuran.
- 28 days ago: Alkoul was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Esparmuran.
- 29 days ago: Alkoul fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 31 days ago: Alkoul was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 33 days ago: Alkoul was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.