The Royal Kingdom of Alkoul is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by King Andrew with an even hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, prohibition of alcohol, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 10.757 billion Alkoulians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 91.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Alkoulian economy, worth 957 trillion Crowns a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 89,049 Crowns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament, sociologists can charge whatever fee they like as the nation tries to find itself, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries, and the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Alkoul's national animal is the Hamster, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Alkoul fell out of the world Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Alkoul resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Alkoul's influence in The Royal Kingdom of Alkoul rose from "Minnow" to "Hermit".
- : Alkoul relocated from 10000 Islands to The Royal Kingdom of Alkoul.
- : Alkoul founded the region The Royal Kingdom of Alkoul.
- : Alkoul relocated from The Commonwealth of Crowns to 10000 Islands.
- : Alkoul fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Alkoul lodged a message on the The Commonwealth of Crowns Regional Message Board.
- : Alkoul fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Alkoul was endorsed by The People's Republic of Goustice.