|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Constitutional Monarchy of Alexandr Land is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Alex I with a fair hand, and renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, anti-smoking policies, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 5.633 billion Alexandrians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Law & Order, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alexandr City. The average income tax rate is 70.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Alexandrian economy, worth 479 trillion Kroner a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 85,108 Kroner, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Emergency room admissions for 'stampede injuries' have skyrocketed since the introduction of weekly Sabbath Eve sales, the government keeps introducing new foreign species to combat the previous ones it has introduced, the roads are notorious throughout the region for their peril, and the wreckages of bombed planes that litter Alexandr Land are highly popular tourist destinations. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Alexandr Land's national animal is the Tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 6 days ago: Alexandr Land was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 21 days ago: Alexandr Land's influence in Asiana rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- 31 days ago: Alexandr Land lodged a message on the Asiana Regional Message Board.
- 38 days ago: Alexandr Land was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 38 days ago: Following new legislation in Alexandr Land, the wreckages of bombed planes that litter Alexandr Land are highly popular tourist destinations.
- 38 days ago: Following new legislation in Alexandr Land, the roads are notorious throughout the region for their peril.
- 58 days ago: Alexandr Land was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 64 days ago: Alexandr Land was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest (last census: Top 5%).
- 72 days ago: Alexandr Land fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 74 days ago: Alexandr Land was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free.