“Live Free Or Die Trying”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The International Monarchy of Alegasias is a massive, genial nation, remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 1.984 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Uru'Baean. The average income tax rate is 91%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Atheists are heavily taxed, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events, and it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Alegasias's national animal is the Dragon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Crown.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 21 hours ago
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Alegasias was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Alegasias was refounded.
- 72 days ago: Alegasias ceased to exist.
- 95 days ago: Alegasias was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- 96 days ago: Alegasias was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 100 days ago: Alegasias voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Internet Net Neutrality Act"".
- 104 days ago: Alegasias fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 106 days ago: Alegasias fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 109 days ago: Following new legislation in Alegasias, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.
- 109 days ago: Following new legislation in Alegasias, the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events.