“United we stand”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Federation of Aldonin is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Kermit The Frog with a fair hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 13.111 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Delegate City. The average income tax rate is 97%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Automobile Manufacturing.
The nation is constantly threatened with invasion but at least homosexuality in the military isn't a problem, all weapon research has been banned, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined, and the nation leads Portugal in per capita stalking. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aldonin's national animal is the lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the fisks.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 19 days ago: Aldonin was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 32 days ago: Aldonin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 46 days ago: Aldonin was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 48 days ago: Aldonin was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- 66 days ago: Aldonin fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 68 days ago: Aldonin fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 85 days ago: Aldonin fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 96 days ago: Aldonin lodged a message on the Portugal Regional Message Board.
- 114 days ago: Aldonin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- 114 days ago: Aldonin was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.