“Is this a question?”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Albertinum is a huge, economically powerful nation, ruled by Puppetmaster with a fair hand, and notable for its ban on automobiles. The compassionate, intelligent population of 556 million, 554 million of whom are zombies, Albertinumians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Albertinum City. The average income tax rate is 66%, and even higher for the wealthy. A healthy private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
The public health bureaucracy is wrapped in miles of red tape, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, cars are banned, and the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly. Crime is totally unknown. Albertinum's national animal is the Griffin, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Novio.
Albertinum is currently considering its options.
Survival Rate: 0.02%
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 1 hour ago
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Albertinum applied to join the World Assembly.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Albertinum altered its national flag.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Albertinum was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Albertinum relocated from Osiris to Europe.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Albertinum was refounded in Osiris.
- 21 days ago: Albertinum ceased to exist.
- 44 days ago: Albertinum was endorsed by The Quinto Império of Novo Portugal.
- 49 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, cars are banned.
- 49 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.