The Republic of Albertinum is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Primus Inter Pares with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, smutty television, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 10.029 billion Albertinumians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Public Transport are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Barbarossa. The average income tax rate is 48.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Albertinumian economy, worth a remarkable 1,185 trillion Novios a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 118,219 Novios, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner, drowning sailors are hung out to dry, computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails, and photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Primus Inter Pares's bedroom. Crime is well under control. Albertinum's national animal is the Waalgiraffe, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Albertinum was endorsed by The Kingdom of Wartoc.
- 10 days ago: Albertinum was endorsed by The Republic of Litanz.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Primus Inter Pares's bedroom.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, drowning sailors are hung out to dry.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner.
- 12 days ago: Albertinum endorsed The Protectorate of Insula Funchal.
- 12 days ago: Albertinum was endorsed by The Protectorate of Insula Funchal.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, chalkboards are replaced with billboards in the classroom.
Endorsements Received: 62 » Jenesia, Foucaults garden, Multatuli, Alsted, The City-State of Vienna, Tigyland, Venetoland, Vinland et Scandineighvia, Bohomo, Ecclestia, Dauershire, Fauzjhia, Holy Order of Justice, Tioton, Libertian Confederacy, Linkisheer, Ansington, Axtro-Saxonia, STRYMACE, Gr4nd3nia, Patcharas, Lexembourg, Sybaritic Socialists, Eurosceptic Citizens, Sahtiala, An Clar, Canopytown, Carswellia, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Cherised Lands of Galicia, Nuweland, Kaiserusse, The Seven Provinces, Merviengrad, Durrenmoss, Marmotien, Pileusia, Mameluco, Stromia, The Imperial Plains, South Cowland, Fenian Provinces, Valrem, Wienaa, Prinx, Outer Sparta, The Fair Republic, Polonilandia, Celtia Cymru, Imperium Anglorum, and 12 others.Wombelland, Manupolia, Basque Dominion, Nerds Geeks and Trolls, Northern German Federation, Alleusia, Wundaskenael, Nova Luna, Pinderia, Neuss, Insula Funchal, and Wartoc.