“Is this a question?”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Albertinum is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Puppetmaster with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, intelligent population of 9.103 billion Albertinumians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Albertinum City. The average income tax rate is 67%, and even higher for the wealthy. A healthy private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
The government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, cars are banned, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, and organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous. Crime is totally unknown. Albertinum's national animal is the Griffin, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Novio.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous.
- 21 days ago: Albertinum applied to join the World Assembly.
- 21 days ago: Albertinum altered its national flag.
- 22 days ago: Albertinum was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 22 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- 23 days ago: Albertinum relocated from Osiris to Europe.
- 23 days ago: Albertinum was refounded in Osiris.
- 40 days ago: Albertinum ceased to exist.
- 64 days ago: Albertinum was endorsed by The Quinto Império of Novo Portugal.
- 68 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, cars are banned.