The Republic of Albertinum is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Primus Inter Pares with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 12.26 billion Albertinumians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Public Transport are also considered important, while Spirituality and Law & Order aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Barbarossa. The average income tax rate is 47.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Albertinumian economy, worth a remarkable 1,558 trillion Novios a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 127,156 Novios, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles, parents are held criminally responsible for their children's crimes, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, and cheese has become the new icon of political dissent. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. Albertinum's national animal is the Waalgiraffe, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Albertinum was endorsed by The Kingdom of Lovisa.
- : Albertinum was endorsed by The Republic of Allenshire.
- : Albertinum was endorsed by The Free Land of Zifre.
- : Albertinum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector, Most Politically Free, and Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Following new legislation in Albertinum, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent.
- : Following new legislation in Albertinum, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news.
- : Albertinum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Following new legislation in Albertinum, parents are held criminally responsible for their children's crimes.
- : Following new legislation in Albertinum, kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles.
- : Albertinum was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
Endorsements Received: 98 » Jenesia, Foucaults garden, Multatuli, Alsted, The City-State of Vienna, Tigyland, Venetoland, Bohomo, Dauershire, Ansington, Lexembourg, An Clar, Canopytown, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Nuweland, Kaiserusse, The Seven Provinces, Durrenmoss, Marmotien, Mameluco, Stromia, South Cowland, Fenian Provinces, Valrem, The Fair Republic, Imperium Anglorum, Wombelland, Manupolia, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Estacia, Troltovia, Vinternia, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Bescherelle, Polonilandia, Tuccistahn, Aurora Republic, The Zionward Union, Ecclestia, Outer Sparta, Dacian Freelands, Woschia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Ivernia, Saint Isabel, North of Americas, Fossekallen, Kwakwakutlopia, and 48 others.Suissestan, Spagna, Vesterheim, Imperialist German Empire, Dorsendo, Bedolla, Anatruria, MSolandish Empire, Newmere, Agrase, Ebin, Union of the north, Koelle, La Jermania, Cha0sNation, BARSUNA, The Lion of Damascus, Huygevoort, Cymerra, Mynox, Falvaard, Sugar Cake, Alldyn, Ignatusia, Lubti Islands, West-Berlin, Green Counties, Plaville, Ayasofya, GijsMr, Ydinian, Nova Prutenia, Lieges, Eicant, Charlesia, Pine Forest, East Arc, Greater New Ireland, AirstripZero, Reecey, Bearhinoland, Zinoquia, The Blakeley Isles, Czechlands, Republic of the Goat, Zifre, Allenshire, and Lovisa.