“Is this a question?”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Albertinum is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Puppetmaster with a fair hand, and remarkable for its parental licensing program. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 6.103 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Albertinum City. The average income tax rate is 70%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
The bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Albertinum City, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Albertinum's radio stations, tourists outnumber citizens two to one, and people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer. Crime is totally unknown. Albertinum's national animal is the Minotaurus, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Novio.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 22 hours ago
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Albertinum was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Albertinum was endorsed by The THE PATRIOTS of South Allegheny.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Albertinum's radio stations.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Albertinum City.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, business is adjusting to new gender equality policies in the workplace.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, Albertinum's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.
Endorsements Received: 56 (United Federation of the World, Screrefennae, Multatuli, Nova Res Publica Romanorum, Ivernia, Tigyland, Gortagass, Jenesia, Ravenstein, Eurosceptic Citizens, Lexembourg, Unified Provinces, Alsted, Echo von Cotta, Chiolena, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Palusia, Calacstein, The House of Rothschild, Keris, The City-State of Vienna, Lapidotia, Castanos, Soviet Shlyapy, Sybaritic Socialists, 101st Wolfpack, Malacovia, Marmiedon, Shadeius, Primarchite, Mameluco, Ansington, Unversed, Nova Prutenia, Domiconia, South Cowland, Baranthar, Dormea, Rouleaux, The Roman Alliance, Guanda, Sauv, Swanmori, Stromia, Valrem, Capricania, Tichango, Alpha and Delta Pact, Canado-Russia, Pileusia, Letzenburg, Warre, Isle of Kesha, Otterner, Valveria, South Allegheny)