The Republic of Albertinum is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Primus Inter Pares with a fair hand, and remarkable for its parental licensing program, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 11.307 billion Albertinumians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, although Environment and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Barbarossa. The average income tax rate is 50.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Albertinumian economy, worth a remarkable 1,332 trillion Novios a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 117,853 Novios, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Retired racing Waalgiraffes are served truffles for breakfast, political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm, the government has ordered a moratorium on referenda, and the average commuter spends four hours a day driving to and from work. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. Albertinum's national animal is the Waalgiraffe, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Albertinum was endorsed by The Official Europe Forum Rep of Ivernia.
- : Albertinum fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Cultured.
- : Albertinum was endorsed by The Principality of Hamilton-by-sea.
- : Following new legislation in Albertinum, the average commuter spends four hours a day driving to and from work.
- : Albertinum was endorsed by The Federation of Eurcanada.
- : Albertinum was endorsed by The Free Land of Manimal.
- : Albertinum fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Albertinum was endorsed by The Republic of Eurosceptic Citizens.
- : Albertinum was endorsed by The Recovering Ex-Dictatorship of Seaton.
- : Following new legislation in Albertinum, the government has ordered a moratorium on referenda.
Endorsements Received: 55 » Jenesia, Foucaults garden, Multatuli, Alsted, The City-State of Vienna, Tigyland, Venetoland, Bohomo, Dauershire, Libertian Confederacy, Ansington, Lexembourg, An Clar, Canopytown, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Nuweland, Kaiserusse, The Seven Provinces, Durrenmoss, Marmotien, Mameluco, Stromia, South Cowland, Fenian Provinces, Valrem, Wienaa, Prinx, The Fair Republic, Imperium Anglorum, Wombelland, Manupolia, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Estacia, Troltovia, Vinternia, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Bescherelle, Polonilandia, Feux, Tuccistahn, Aurora Republic, The Zionward Union, Ecclestia, Adlandas, Baz Deferens, Outer Sparta, Aldland, Dacian Freelands, and 5 others.Woschia, Seaton, Eurosceptic Citizens, Hamilton-by-sea, and Ivernia.