The Republic of Albertinum is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Primus Inter Pares with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 12.408 billion Albertinumians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Public Transport also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Law & Order receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Barbarossa. The average income tax rate is 49.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Albertinumian economy, worth a remarkable 1,608 trillion Novios a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 129,621 Novios, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Anti-government web sites are springing up, the nation's leading climatologists are investigating animal flatulence in efforts to reduce methane emissions, all guns must be registered, and the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. Albertinum's national animal is the Waalgiraffe, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Albertinum was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Albertinum, the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in Albertinum, all guns must be registered.
- : Following new legislation in Albertinum, the nation's leading climatologists are investigating animal flatulence in efforts to reduce methane emissions.
- : Following new legislation in Albertinum, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Following new legislation in Albertinum, voting is voluntary.
- : Albertinum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Following new legislation in Albertinum, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions.
- : Following new legislation in Albertinum, only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations.
- : Following new legislation in Albertinum, organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous.
Endorsements Received: 94 » Jenesia, Foucaults garden, Multatuli, Alsted, The City-State of Vienna, Tigyland, Venetoland, Bohomo, Dauershire, Ansington, Lexembourg, An Clar, Canopytown, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Nuweland, Kaiserusse, The Seven Provinces, Durrenmoss, Marmotien, Mameluco, Stromia, South Cowland, Fenian Provinces, Valrem, The Fair Republic, Imperium Anglorum, Wombelland, Manupolia, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Estacia, Troltovia, Vinternia, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Polonilandia, Aurora Republic, The Zionward Union, Outer Sparta, Dacian Freelands, Woschia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Ivernia, Saint Isabel, North of Americas, Fossekallen, Kwakwakutlopia, Suissestan, Spagna, Vesterheim, and 44 others.Imperialist German Empire, Dorsendo, Anatruria, MSolandish Empire, Newmere, Agrase, Ebin, Union of the north, Koelle, La Jermania, Cha0sNation, The Lion of Damascus, Huygevoort, Cymerra, Mynox, Falvaard, Sugar Cake, Alldyn, Lubti Islands, West-Berlin, Green Counties, Plaville, Ayasofya, GijsMr, Ydinian, Nova Prutenia, Lieges, Eicant, Charlesia, Pine Forest, East Arc, Greater New Ireland, AirstripZero, Reecey, Bearhinoland, Zinoquia, The Blakeley Isles, Czechlands, Republic of the Goat, Zifre, Lovisa, Continental Social Democrats, Paltensia and Bursh, and Dragao da Luz.