“New is always better”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Albertinum is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Primus Inter Pares with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, intelligent population of 9.291 billion Albertinumians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Barbarossa. The average income tax rate is 69%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Euthanasia is legal, the ABI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, and wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby. Crime is totally unknown. Albertinum's national animal is the Waalgiraffe, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Novio.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 hours ago
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, the ABI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.
- 5 days ago: Albertinum was endorsed by The Grand Principality of Nova Prutenia.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, euthanasia is legal.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Barbarossa Times is sold out.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Albertinum, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down.
- 9 days ago: Albertinum was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
Endorsements Received: 64 » Jenesia, Fotila, Foucaults garden, Multatuli, Norse German Federation, Alsted, The City-State of Vienna, Confederate United America, Tigyland, Venetoland, Vinland et Scandineighvia, Bohomo, Achareidh, Ecclestia, Dauershire, Ydinian, The P, The United Turkish Nations, Fauzjhia, Holy Order of Justice, Outer Prussia, Tioton, Maanenland, Libertian Confederacy, Linkisheer, Ansington, Hellenic Regnum, Axtro-Saxonia, STRYMACE, Gr4nd3nia, Patcharas, Lexembourg, Sybaritic Socialists, Eurosceptic Citizens, Sahtiala, An Clar, Canopytown, Carswellia, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Ekeren, Veeten Engines, Cherised Lands of Galicia, Nuweland, Kaiserusse, Androsylvak, The Seven Provinces, Merviengrad, Durrenmoss, Marmotien, Pileusia, and 14 others.Austerreih, Mameluco, Stromia, The Imperial Plains, South Cowland, Termunus, Yvone, Fenian Provinces, Valrem, West German Empire, Keris, Buddwinslavia, Wienaa, and Nova Prutenia.