The Ba'athist Arab Republic of Al-Faisal is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Faisal bin Ali al-Assad al-Faisal with an even hand, and notable for its zero percent divorce rate, keen interest in outer space, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 7.86 billion Al-Faisalians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Spirituality, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Damascus. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 21.3%.
The thriving Al-Faisalian economy, worth 743 trillion dinars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Uranium Mining, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 94,610 dinars, with the richest citizens earning 8.9 times as much as the poorest.
Cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, the government is avowedly secular, airport security is provided by private companies, and photographers have to apply for a license to photograph King Faisal bin Ali al-Assad al-Faisal. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Al-Faisal's national animal is the lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Sunni Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Al-Faisal fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Al-Faisal's influence in Iraq fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- : Al-Faisal fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Al-Faisal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Al-Faisal fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Al-Faisal's influence in Iraq rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Al-Faisal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Al-Faisal fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : Al-Faisal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Al-Faisal fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.