“Unity, Freedom, Socialism”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Ba'athist Arab Republic of Al-Faisal is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Faisal bin Ali al-Assad al-Faisal with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5.597 billion Al-Faisalians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Religion & Spirituality and Law & Order are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Damascus. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 36%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Book Publishing.
Cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, the government is avowedly secular, airport security is provided by private companies, and photographers have to apply for a license to photograph King Faisal bin Ali al-Assad al-Faisal. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Al-Faisal's national animal is the lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Sunni Islam, and its currency is the dinar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 10 days ago: Al-Faisal resigned from the World Assembly.
- 16 days ago: Al-Faisal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 30 days ago: Al-Faisal was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- 43 days ago: Al-Faisal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 49 days ago: Al-Faisal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 54 days ago: Al-Faisal's influence in Iraq fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- 55 days ago: Al-Faisal's influence in Iraq rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- 63 days ago: Al-Faisal changed its national motto to "Unity, Freedom, Socialism".
- 63 days ago: Al-Faisal changed its national leader to "King Faisal bin Ali al-Assad al-Faisal".
- 63 days ago: Al-Faisal was admitted to the World Assembly.