“Unity, Freedom, Socialism”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dealmaker
The Ba'athist Arab Republic of Al-Faisal is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by King Faisal bin Ali al-Assad al-Faisal with an even hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 6.128 billion Al-Faisalians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Religion & Spirituality and Law & Order are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Damascus. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 36%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Book Publishing.
Cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, the government is avowedly secular, airport security is provided by private companies, and photographers have to apply for a license to photograph King Faisal bin Ali al-Assad al-Faisal. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Al-Faisal's national animal is the lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Sunni Islam, and its currency is the dinar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 6 days ago: Al-Faisal's influence in Iraq rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- 16 days ago: Al-Faisal's influence in Iraq rose from "Negotiator" to "Instigator".
- 42 days ago: Al-Faisal's influence in Iraq fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- 54 days ago: Al-Faisal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 56 days ago: Al-Faisal fell out of the world Top 10% for Fattest Citizens.
- 62 days ago: Al-Faisal altered its national flag.
- 67 days ago: Al-Faisal's influence in Iraq rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- 81 days ago: Al-Faisal was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Average (last census: Top 10%).
- 81 days ago: Al-Faisal was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Average.
- 84 days ago: Al-Faisal lodged a message on the Iraq Regional Message Board.