The Ba'athist Arab Republic of Al-Faisal is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by King Faisal bin Ali al-Assad al-Faisal with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, unlimited-speed roads, and zero percent divorce rate. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 10.52 billion Faisalis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Spirituality, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Damascus. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 23.8%.
The very strong Faisali economy, worth 886 trillion dinars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Uranium Mining, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 84,294 dinars, with the richest citizens earning 6.7 times as much as the poorest.
Businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, parents are held criminally responsible for their children's crimes, and violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Al-Faisal's national animal is the lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Sunni Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Al-Faisal's influence in Iraq rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Al-Faisal's influence in Iraq rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Al-Faisal's influence in Iraq rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Al-Faisal's influence in Iraq rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Al-Faisal's influence in Iraq fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".
- : Al-Faisal was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Al-Faisal was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Al-Faisal's influence in Iraq fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".
- : Al-Faisal's influence in Iraq fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- : Al-Faisal's influence in Iraq fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".