“Wahda, Hurriyah, Ishtirakiyah”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Ba'athist Arab Republic of Al-Faisal is a massive, devout nation, ruled by King Faisal bin Ali al-Hashemi al-Faisal with an even hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 4.781 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Religion & Spirituality and Law & Order are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Damascus. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 32%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Book Publishing.
Cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, the government is avowedly secular, airport security is provided by private companies, and photographers have to apply for a license to photograph King Faisal bin Ali al-Hashemi al-Faisal. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Al-Faisal's national animal is the lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Sunni Islam, and its currency is the dinar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Al-Faisal's influence in Iraq fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- 13 days ago: Al-Faisal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 25 days ago: Al-Faisal's influence in Iraq rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- 33 days ago: Al-Faisal was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- 52 days ago: Al-Faisal altered its national flag.
- 94 days ago: Al-Faisal was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- 100 days ago: Al-Faisal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 108 days ago: Al-Faisal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Average.
- 118 days ago: Al-Faisal was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fattest Citizens.
- 124 days ago: Al-Faisal's influence in Iraq rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".