“A Rather Nice Place, I Hope”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Akaza is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 14.966 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is mainly concerned with Education, although Law & Order and Healthcare are on the agenda. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6%. A robust private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Soda Sales industries.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, child labor has been outlawed, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime is a problem. Akaza's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 58 days ago
- 58 days ago: Akaza was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Rudest Citizens.
- 108 days ago: Akaza was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- 109 days ago: Akaza relocated from Galapagos to Ionia.
- 111 days ago: Akaza was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 116 days ago: Akaza fell out of the world Top 10% for Fattest Citizens.
- 136 days ago: Akaza was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fattest Citizens.
- 155 days ago: Akaza was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 174 days ago: Akaza relocated from A 1 to Galapagos.
- 174 days ago: Akaza relocated from Galapagos to A 1.
- 241 days ago: Akaza was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.