“A Rather Nice Place, I Hope”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Ancient Lands
The Queen's State of Akaza is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 17.539 billion Akazans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is mainly concerned with Education, although Law & Order and Healthcare are secondary priorities. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6%. A robust private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Soda Sales industries.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, child labor has been outlawed, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime is a problem. Akaza's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 17 days ago: Akaza changed its national currency to "betale" and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 58 days ago: Akaza fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 74 days ago: Akaza was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Primitive.
- 77 days ago: Akaza was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Rudest Citizens.
- 78 days ago: Akaza changed its national nation type to "State".
- 105 days ago: Akaza fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 132 days ago: Akaza relocated from Japvia to Ancient Lands.
- 157 days ago: Akaza was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Primitive.
- 157 days ago: Akaza was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Primitive.
- 168 days ago: Akaza was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fattest Citizens.