“Liberty, Equality, and Justice”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: United Socialist Nations of Zandalari
The Democratic People's Republic of Akaenia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President of the Council Scott DeLong with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.688 billion Akaenians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Florence. The average income tax rate is 94%, and even higher for the wealthy. A substantial private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas, the government has legalised small-scale capitalism, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Akaenia's national animal is the Giant Panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the Rouble.
Most Recent Government Activity: 24 days ago
- 4 days ago: Akaenia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 6 days ago: Akaenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 16 days ago: Akaenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 24 days ago: Following new legislation in Akaenia, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs.
- 24 days ago: Following new legislation in Akaenia, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- 24 days ago: Following new legislation in Akaenia, the government has legalised small-scale capitalism.
- 24 days ago: Akaenia applied to join the World Assembly.
- 24 days ago: Akaenia changed its national faith to "none".
- 24 days ago: Akaenia altered its national flag.
- 24 days ago: Akaenia relocated from Balder to United Socialist Nations of Zandalari.