The Necropolis of Aioria is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Aioros with an even hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, digital currency, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, humorless population of 4.44 billion Aiorians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tiberia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.8%.
The sizeable but stagnant Aiorian economy, worth 44.5 trillion ninuars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 10,019 ninuars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 28,645 per year while the poor average 2,791, a ratio of 10.3 to 1.
Discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, package deals offer tourists the chance to visit the frozen remains of the previous tour group, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate. Aioria's national animal is the stag, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Aioria fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 14 days ago: Aioria relocated from The Commonwealth of Kings to British Isles.
- 14 days ago: Aioria lodged a message on the The Commonwealth of Kings Regional Message Board.
- 14 days ago: Aioria relocated from United Group to The Commonwealth of Kings.
- 14 days ago: Aioria lodged a message on the United Group Regional Message Board.
- 14 days ago: Aioria relocated from United Regions Alliance to United Group.
- 14 days ago: Aioria lodged a message on the United Regions Alliance Regional Message Board.
- 14 days ago: Aioria relocated from British Isles to United Regions Alliance.
- 15 days ago: Aioria changed its national motto to "Non nobis, Domine, sed nomini tuo da gloriam" and its nation type to "Necropolis".
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Aioria, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.